We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for one night before Caves Branch

New Jersey
Level Contributor
105 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for one night before Caves Branch

Hi we're going to Caves Branch in Belmopan for 4 nights. We're flying into Belize City arriving at noon on a Friday and checking into Caves Branch on Saturday. Looking for ideas for a decnt place to stay before we begin our adventures at Caves Branch. Since Caves Branch is not cheap and we just need a bed the night before we don't want to spend a fortune, but would like something clean. Could be that we travel straight to Belmopan on Friday and find an inexpensive place to stay there. Or maybe we stay nearer to the coast, drop off luggage and see the ocean if there's nearby hotels and fairly easy travel? Any suggestions? Any suggestions for good local food ?

Also, we're hoping not to rent a car. I'd appreciate any suggestions about transportation. Is it possible to get public transportation to Belmopan? What would we expect to pay for a taxi/

Thanks for answering my questions.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for one night before Caves Branch

hace you asked the resort about checking in a day early and have you arranged transport with them?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for one night before Caves Branch

Stay at Pooks Hill and do ATM cave. Or at Banana Bank and ride horses.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
105 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for one night before Caves Branch

I could stay an extra night, but then I'd be paying the all inclusive rate for two people, and not getting there early enough to enjoy the included hike or tour, or two out of the three included meals. So I'd rather stay somewhere for less money that first night. I will check with them about transportation though once I know whether I'm going straight to Belmopan or staying closer to the airport that first night.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
105 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for one night before Caves Branch

Thanks katievalk - I'll check both of those out. If I can get my husband on a horse that would be fun - I used to teach riding at a summer camp, but that was a million years ago :-)

Do you have any suggestions for good local places to eat dinner our first night. Nothing fancy or expensive. Just really good local food. Since we'll be in an all inclusive for all the rest of our time in Belize we want at least one chance to experience the "real" country.

Thanks for your help!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for one night before Caves Branch

Hi,

I have a similar situation, and am staying at the Tropical Education Center at the Belize Zoo the first night. Simple and inexpensive, (look at their pond house accomodations if you don't want dorm-style) plus you can do a nocturnal tour at the zoo. Check out the Belize Zoo website. Perhaps a taxi from the airport to the zoo and then arrange transport with Caves Branch from the zoo the next day?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
105 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for one night before Caves Branch

Thank you kayakandmore! That sounds like a perfect way to start the vacation. Something really unusual and not too expensive. And my husband is an avid birdwatcher and photographer. He'd love the bird deck and I'd love the night tour of the zoo.

I'm so glad to get all of the research from others who are going to Belize and who live there. What a great community of people on tripadvisor!

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for one night before Caves Branch

The zoo is really lovely the night tour is superb. You get to feed the animals! Of the three grades of room, it is worth paying a little more for the pool cabanas, and ask for the furthest one, they will know what you mean. Food is actually quite good, they have free wireless. You will see harpy eagles and spectacled owls at night.

8. Re: Where to stay for one night before Caves Branch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Belize