We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamanasi for 8 Nights

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hamanasi for 8 Nights

After quite a bit of research, most of which on TripAdvisor, my future wife and I have pretty much decided on Belize for our honeymoon; specifically Hamanasi for 8 nights in August.

After considering spots in AC and Cayo, we thought Hamanasi would give us access to all the stuff we wanted; on the water, access to jungle excursions, and a "nicer" resort feel (not a condo). We also love to snorkel but we're looking to use our trip as our introduction to diving.

For those of you familiar w/Belize, does this seem like a sound plan? Hamanasi gets rave reviews. From what I can tell the only (occasional) gripes seem to be about the remote location and some say the nearby diving isn't that great so you have to upgrade get the better experience. I don't as much mind to pay to upgrade provided there are enough to make the trip...which could be an issue in the off season when we're going.

We'd also considered splitting the trip up; 4 nights on AC and the rest elsewhere. Would this be a better plan to make sure we get the best dive and/or snorkel experience?

Thanks in advance.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamanasi for 8 Nights

We stayed a couple doors down at the JRL -- we loved the area. We like to get off the beaten path of tourism. We had excellent snorkeling - did not do any diving but the excursions were available.

If you want to go to different restaurants, bars, etc then head to AC.

2. Re: Hamanasi for 8 Nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 30, 2009