We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize Ruins

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
1,896 reviews
Save Topic
Belize Ruins

Which ruins are the best to visit? And which are the most accessable? I am looking at Lumaniani (SpElling?) And Altun Ha

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize Ruins

Lamanai is fantastic. A very long day to and from if you are on the islands, but worth it.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,563 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize Ruins

I've taken tours to Lamanai from Ambergris Caye a couple times. Long days, but wonderful fun.

The day trips from here to Altun Ha all seem to include a stop at Maruba Jungle Spa. That doesn't interest me in the least.

If you are in western Belize, I'd take the time to go to Tikal in Guatamala.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,114 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize Ruins

Caracol is the most impressive in Belize, Tikal just over the border in Guatemala the most impressive in the Mayan empire. Lamanai is also lovely and a nice day trip by road/boat with good jungle and wildlife.

4. Re: Belize Ruins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 20, 2009