We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cave Tubing/Zip Line through resort on on your own??

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cave Tubing/Zip Line through resort on on your own??

We are planning a trip to Belize in November 2008. We are planning to stay at Portofino or White Sands ... probably. Both can do trips but is it just as easy and more economical to arrange trips on our own? We'd really like to do the cave tubing and zip lines - not sure about ruins. What companies are the best and what ones should we steer clear of? Any advice is much appreciated.

JO - Pennsylvania

Mentioned in this post
Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania
United States
Tsunami Adventures
Gear Rentals, River Rafting & Tubing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours
Mundo Maya Jungle Tours
River Rafting & Tubing, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Tuff E Nuff Tours
River Rafting & Tubing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Belize Jungle Trek
River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cave Tubing/Zip Line through resort on on your own??

I've read many good things about Don Ramirez of Action Boys Belize on this board. We've booked a zipline/cave tubing tour with him for next Friday (2/8). Had a nice phone conversation and email exchanges with him and he seems great. Cost is much cheaper than through San Pedro tours. I'll let you know how it goes!

Mike

http://nexpatriate.net

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
New Jersey
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cave Tubing/Zip Line through resort on on your own??

Check with Major Tom at cave-tubing.net - he's all over the internet as one of the oldest tour guides in Belize and a pioneer of cave tubing back in 1992. We first came across him when a friend asked us to "google" 'Major Tom, Cave Tubing in Belize'. Awesome fellow with a reputation for great, detailed, information filled, safe adventure tours.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cave Tubing/Zip Line through resort on on your own??

I look forward to hearing how it went!

JO

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cave Tubing/Zip Line through resort on on your own??

Donald Ramirez was an excellent guide - very personable and knowledgeable. He took us out to the zipline and cavetubing site near Jaguar Paw Resort in Cayo, telling us about the election results from the day before. Really great guides at the zipline. Donald told us about some of the flora on the walk to the river. Floating on an innertube through massive caves. Felt safe and in good hands. Excellent price too. The website is: http://www.actionboysbelize.bravehost.com/

I also wrote about the experience in my blog:

…blogspot.com/2008/02/3-days-in-belize.html

Mikeywaz

http://nexpatriate.net

Mentioned in this post
Cayo
Cayo
Belize
Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cave Tubing/Zip Line through resort on on your own??

Finally an actual 'Donald' review. Thought I'd never see one! Thanks mikeywaz.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cave Tubing/Zip Line through resort on on your own??

Thanks! We'll look into that. JO

7. Re: Cave Tubing/Zip Line through resort on on your own??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 20, 2009