We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go?

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
107 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go?

looking to go to Belize to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary the end of July and am just buzzing with all the choices. We love to snorkel (not diving any more), hang a the beach, and would also like some jungle exploring... river tubing, kayaking, hiking, etc... Any suggestions on which part of Belize to head to? Hotel suggestions?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go?

I'd split the trip between the Cayo district around San Igancio for jungle exploring, caving, hiking, Mayan ruins.

Then head to the beach. My personal favorite is Ambergris Caye, but lots of other folks will recommend Caye CAulker, Hopkins or Placencia.

Huge variety of hotels in Belize, from $US10.00 a night to over $1000.00. What kind of place are you thinking of?

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
107 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go?

Interesting, I hadn't thought of splitting up the trip. Since this is a special occasion, we are looking to be spoiled a bit so I think we will look for luxury at a reasonable price—is that an oxymoron?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go?

Although I've never stayed there, I'd look at Chaa Creek if you decide to stay inland, it sounds awesome. There are also some cheaper jungle lodges that sound nice as well. I'll leave it to people who have been to really make reservations though.

Most of my Belize experience has been on Ambergris Caye. For there, I'd look at Victoria House, Portofino, Mata Chica.

I have stayed a few nights in Placencia and walked by Turtle Inn. It looks wonderful. Robert's Grove also gets great reviews. There's a new condo resort there as well, can't recall the name for sure, perhaps Chabil Mar.

Have fun planning your trip.

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
107 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go?

Thanks, I will definitely look into those!

5. Re: Where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, September 19, 2009