We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamanasi Resort / blackbird resort

NY NY
12 posts
Save Topic
Hamanasi Resort / blackbird resort

Has anyone stayed at either of these? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Lisa

Houston
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamanasi Resort / blackbird resort

We stayed at Hamanasi last year, it was absolutely wonderful. The owners are extremely friendly, staff was awesome and did great job with the snorkeling, rainforest and pyramid tours. The pool is awesome. ocean was very blue and clear for snorkeling. Started out in an upstairs room and moved downstairs. Both have their plusses. The tree-house rooms look very awesome but are not overlooking the water. rather be in a water-front. Furniture is so freaking comfortable. There are clam chairs in every room, so awesome when I returned to the states I ordered some from Belize and had them shipped. Jaguar seemed a bit sterile from the outside. Hamanasi is small and the guests get very aquainted on the day trips which makes for a big party. We rode bikes into the local Hopkins Village. the little children sell you very good candy. definately 3rd world though. I would stay here in a heartbeat.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,870 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamanasi Resort / blackbird resort

Easy answer, altough they are both divng destinations. Blackbird is on Turnefeeatoll, minutes from some of the best diving to be found anywhere, including the Blue Hole on Lighthouse reef atoll. BB on a relatively large private island, no other restaurants, bars, etc. Cabanas have a/c, meals served family style, tasty and plentiful. Theyoffer 3,4 and 7 nt packages. Hamanasi is a beachfront inn on the mainland, good dive shop and they do offer dive trips to all of the atolls, but not all the time. Otherwise, they dive the local barrier reef, which is quite lovely. In a small culturally interesting village, few other upscale inns in the area, local restaurants and close to day trips to the mainland for jungle hiking, waterfalls, minor maya sites, caving, etc.