We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone gone diving in Belize thru Royal Caribbean???

ny
3 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone gone diving in Belize thru Royal Caribbean???

If so, how was the excurstion? Do you know what dive shop they used? Thanks!

Kissimmee,Florida
Level Contributor
229 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone gone diving in Belize thru Royal Caribbean???

We have dived with RC several times and were happy with their dive excurisions but when we dove in Belize it was a disaster. I don't recall the name of the dive company but they didn't follow any saftey rules. The boat was very overloaded and had no shade. We had to tender into town then had a long ride to the reef. The reef wasn't that great. We left the ship at 8 and didn't return until 4 with no bathroom facilities all day. They put 12 inexperienced divers with one dive master. I could go on. I only hope this is not the company they usually use. We did submit a detailed complaint so maybe they don't use that company anymore. This was in Mar 07 on the Legend. Eileen

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,044 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone gone diving in Belize thru Royal Caribbean???

Two good options for independant dive operators in Be;lize City are Hugh Parkeys Dive Connection and Sea Sports.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone gone diving in Belize thru Royal Caribbean???

EMG, was it AquaDives?

4. Re: Has anyone gone diving in Belize thru Royal Caribbean???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:24 am, September 11, 2009