We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cart, reservations, day trips, etc

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cart, reservations, day trips, etc

One month to go!!

I've reserved a cart for one of the 4 days we will be in AC. Is it easy to get it for another day if we decide at that time?

It is necessary to reserve the food tour or day trips in advance?

We would like to go to Caulker one day, can we jump on a water taxi and stay for the day? Will there be enough to do all day there? Are we able to walk to the split or what mode of transportation will we need?

Are there any day trips that combine diving and snorkeling? Boyfriend is a diver, I am a snorkeler.

Recommendations for smaller boats for daytrip - i.e. less people onboard.

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Kearny, New Jersey
Level Contributor
70 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cart, reservations, day trips, etc

Carts are easy since there are so many golf cart rentals in SP. They can deliver it to you too.

Food tours and day trips don't have to be reserved months in advance. You can usually do it 2 weeks beforehand. It won't hurt to book what you like in advance though :)

San Pedro Belize Express and Ocean Ferry Belize have schedules of their departures to and from San Pedro/Caye Caulker on their respective sites. Both company's last boat leaves at 6:15PM to San Pedro. Caye Caulker is really small and you can see the whole island with ease! The beauty of Caye Caulker is perfectly encapsulated in their motto, "Go Slow." Go there and walk around, shop, eat good food, drink, and relax!

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Ocean Ferry Belize
Ocean Ferry Belize
194 Reviews
Belize City, Belize
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,466 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,245 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cart, reservations, day trips, etc

You won’t have any trouble getting/keeping a cart for another day if you so choose.

I don’t know anything about the food tours, will let others advise you.

Not all tours go every day. And, many have a minimum number of people before they go at all. At the least, I’d choose a company and contact them upon arrival advising as to what trips you would like to do. The exception would be the half day snorkel trips, weather permitting, they seem to go pretty much every day, twice a day.

Yes, easy to just hop on the water taxi to Caulker. Even though it may be a couple dollars cheaper for a round trip, I buy one way, that way I have more options for the return trip, I can choose the other water taxi company for the return if they’re heading back when I want to go.

Easy walk to the split from where the water taxis arrive. I’d just walk, the town part of the island is pretty small, easy to get around on foot. Bicycles would be another option, but, we’ve always just walked.

You can both dive and snorkel at Hol Chan. Other dive sites are outside the reef, and, really not suitable for snorkeling. Though, some say it’s not worth the expense to dive there, you can see as much snorkeling as diving.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cart, reservations, day trips, etc

Interesting, I thought Belize was a huge dive spot. Is snorkeling just as good because it's so shallow?

Thanks for all the other info!

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Reply to: cart, reservations, day trips, etc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;