We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities with Claustrophobia

Greenfield WI
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Activities with Claustrophobia

Hello, my wife and I will be taking our first trip to Belize in a couple weeks and I have a couple questions about activities from someone that suffers from claustrophobia. We will be spending 1 week on turneffe atoll at blackbird caye resort and are very much looking forward to some snorkeling and R&R. We then spend 3 nights in the jungle at black rock lodge. We plan to do Tikal one of our full days, but my wife doesn't think she's up to doing ATM due to her claustrophobia. Does anyone have a recommendation for what we should do our second full day for someone with claustrophobia as it's our first trip and we'd like to experience Belize and the jungle as best we can. Should we stay at black rock lodge and do activities there, or venture out and do something else?

We also plan to do the zoo on the way to black rock. Thanks in advance for everyone's advice!

4 replies to this topic
Kearny, New Jersey
Level Contributor
70 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities with Claustrophobia

Close by you have other Mayan ruins such as Xunantunich. A bit further away from your lodge, you have Caracol.

Mentioned in this post
Xunantunich
Xunantunich
1,169 Reviews
Cayo, Belize
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,402 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities with Claustrophobia

So much to do in the area-river canoeing, horses, guide hiking, Mtn Pine Ridge, pontoon boat on vaca dam, other Maya sites. zip lines, waterfalls, more. BRL is grt value for the $ and is on a very scenic portion of the river in denser bush

Mentioned in this post
Maya Beach Hotel
Maya Beach Hotel
709 Reviews
Placencia, Belize
Belize
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities with Claustrophobia

I have a family member with claustrophobia, and she is not able to snorkel. She's done everything else on the list that Katie posted though :)

Greenfield WI
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities with Claustrophobia

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Luckily, my wife is cool with snorkeling, but scuba or snuba are a no go. Any suggestions on any caves that are worth trying that are impressive enough but maybe don't have the tight passes that might be worth considering?

Reply to: Activities with Claustrophobia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Belize
;