We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Service From Belize City to Tobacco Caye?

San Pedro...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Water Service From Belize City to Tobacco Caye?

I understand Dangaria is the better depature point but car rental policies would have me pay USD$100/day while the car sits in Dangaria (must return the rental car back at BZE)

Does anyone know if such a direct or indirect service exists?

Thanks!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Service From Belize City to Tobacco Caye?

Not that I've ever heard of. Simpler just to fly to Dangriga from Belize City then catch a boat to Tobacco Caye. I'm guessing the cost to charter a boat would be more than the plane tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
sacramento
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Service From Belize City to Tobacco Caye?

Definitely fly to Dangriga. It takes about 20 minutes. Then you can get a taxi (or walk if you don't have a lot of luggage) to the dock.. At the dock, you can get a water taxi to Tobacco. Your lodge can arrange for someone to pick you up at the dock and take you to the island.

You will love Tobacco if you like to snorkel. We've been 3x and stayed at Tobacco Caye Lodge everytime. Its a great place to spend 2-3 days. The snorkeling really is amazing

San Pedro...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Service From Belize City to Tobacco Caye?

Thanks all. I'm just going to rent a car and leave it parked in Dangaria for a few days while I snorkle on Tobacco Caye. Same price as the flight.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Service From Belize City to Tobacco Caye?

As a bonus you will get to see some of the beautiful countryside!

5. Re: Water Service From Belize City to Tobacco Caye?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 28, 2009