We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any pet free places to stay??

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
42 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any pet free places to stay??

I love animals, but unfortunatly I am very allergic. I am having a difficult time trying to find a place to stay that does NOT allow pets. Hubby and I have heard great things about Apalachicola and would like to plan a trip for our birthdays in August. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
313 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any pet free places to stay??

Sorry for your allergies, but Apalachicola is a very pet-friendly town---the Gibson Inn, Water Street Hotel and Marina, and the Consulate Suites are all pet-friendly. So that leaves the River Inn, the Best Western and the several B&Bs in town---don't know if they are pet-friendly or not.

Have stayed at the Gibson, the Water Street Hotel, and will soon be staying at the Consulate---these are, in my opinion, the best lodgings in Apalachicola, so you might try them. From my experience, they are all very clean, so previous visits by a pet may not be a problem.

At any rate, you will love Apalachicola and St. George Island.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
42 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any pet free places to stay??

Thank you so much for your response, unfortunatly it isn't about how clean but about the dander that builds over time. We are considerly buying a camper as so many places are now pet friendly. I really want to be able to visit Apalachicola

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any pet free places to stay??

The Townhome that we are staying in on St George Island is pet fee...I know its a real pet friendly area though. I would look for a home to rent that is pet free, hotels are a crap shoot to me anyway.

The home we are at has July vacancies.

www.deadhorselodge.com takes you to the link on here.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
42 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any pet free places to stay??

Thank you so much, this is very helpful. Do you need a boat to get there?

Monticello,IN
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any pet free places to stay??

You don't need a boat. There is a bridge to St. George island.

J M
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any pet free places to stay??

There are many affordable beach houses for rent that do not allow pets. We use Suncoast.

uncommonflorida.com/beach-vacation-rentals

J M
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any pet free places to stay??

Try renting on St George Island closeby. We rent through Suncoast and they have many pet free options. Then we take the short drive to Apalach most every day for lunch or dinner. Beautiful water views the entire drive. This area is wonderful, i dont think you will have any problems as long as you choose a pet free rental.

http://www.uncommonflorida.com

United States
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any pet free places to stay??

If you are highly allergic, be sure to ask the owner of the rental if their pet is ever in the house/condo. Many owners with pets don't let people with pets rent, which I totally understand. But then they bring their own pet into the property. Their pet will have left dander too, obviously. Good luck.

9. Re: Are there any pet free places to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 18, 2016