We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in the area

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
366 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Camping in the area

My family and I are planning a trip to the Apalachicola area in March 2014 primarily to relax, enjoy nature and eat plenty of oysters! We are planning to either camp in a pop up camper or stay in a cabin to keep cost down (though I have been exploring rental houses as well). I need to research St George Island State Park more but the other campgrounds I've been considering are Indian Pass Campground and Carrabelle Beach and RV. Indian Pass appears more rustic but the reviews here on TA are mixed and Carrabelle has overall positive reviews and is right across from a beach. We will be traveling with our dog, so pet friendly is a must and Carrabelle also has a fenced dog area. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
366 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in the area

It looks like while dogs are allowed to camp at St. George Island State Park, they are not allowed on the beach there.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
477 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in the area

Check out St Joseph Peninsula State Park. Sites are great with a beautiful beach and clear bay.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
366 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping in the area

Thank you! We decided to try the state parks but St George Island was full and while St Joseph's had two campsites open, our pop up is too long! So we decided against Indian Pass and are going with the RV park. The campground will certainly be less rustic, but the dog friendly beach across the road and the fenced dog park will be ideal. I know we will enjoy our time in the area and plan earlier to get into one of the state parks for next trip. I appreciate your reply and advice!

4. Re: Camping in the area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, November 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Apalachicola