We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape San Blas

Buford, GA
8 posts
Save Topic
Cape San Blas

Hi,

I live near Atlanta and for the past several years my husband, and married children have vacationed at St. George Island. We've rented a house for a week in the summer where 7 of us would stay. My husband and I pay for all the lodging and this year the rates have gone up, significantly. I was wondering about Cape San Blas, specifically Barrier Dunes. We like a quiet family place but we do like to eat out a few times. Can anyone tell me about Barrier Dunes? Do you think our family would like staying there, considering that we really liked staying in the Plantation on St. George? Are there any good restaurants there? Or if not, does it take long to get to Appalachicola?

Thanks for any help you could give us.

Hazel Park, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape San Blas

Hello! You've been to St. George Island many times and you've never driven across the bridge to Apalachicola? Oh, you have missed so much! You need to explore the town and the restaurants there. You can stay on St. George Island, not the Plantation, for a very reasonable rate. We are leaving Friday and staying right on the Gulf, Gorrie Dr., for under $700.00 a week.

Deb in Michigan

Hazel Park, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape San Blas

I didn't answer your initial question. Looking at the rental rates at Cape San Blas, you're still going to pay around what you'd pay for St. George Island. We drove there last year to look around and it was beautiful but I like the location of St. George Island a lot more. The dunes were really neat though!!

Deb in Michigan

Get answers to your questions about Apalachicola