We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bald Point State Park

Indiana
Level Contributor
98 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bald Point State Park

I have been to beach areas around Apalachicola, Cape San Blas and St George Island to be specific. Can anyone tell me how Bald Point and Alligator Point compare. And do Bald Point and Alligator Point compare to each other? The beach seems to be narrower in pictures, but is it nice white sand? Is the water clear, churned or full of seaweed? I know this area is undeveloped, is it because it is not as nice? I would like to try this area if anyone can give me a good idea of the conditions.

orlando burb
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bald Point State Park

it has been way too long since i have been to any of those places, but pretty sure it has not changed

alligator point, shell point, prolly bald point not much like san blas or st george....water not as clear due to Ochlocknee River, Wakulla River, St. Marks River etc feeding into Apalachee Bay.....mostly grass flats in brackish water, not a sandy bottom....prolly okay for snorkeling, sailing, fishing, etc but would not compare beach or water wise to san blas / st george...picture a beach on a bay, not the gulf

bald point state park wasn't around when i used to run up there so can't comment but from looking at map prolly about the same as alligator point / shell point

Indiana
Level Contributor
98 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bald Point State Park

Thanks. I have been having a hard time finding anything about the beaches and water at these places. I appreciate the input.

3. Re: Bald Point State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Apalachicola