We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

Hebron
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

We plan to Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island in May.

Just looking for ideas on best places to stay.

Does not have to be a "Honeymoon Suite", we just want to be on or near the beach!!

I have heard great things about Haley's and Harrington House....and I would love to hear any other ideas or suggestions, please!

Thanks in advance!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

Harrington house looks good. Check out Coconuts as well.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

I would NOT recommend Haley's, it is a bare bones budget motel and certainly not what you would want for your honeymoon. I would highly recommend the Harrington House, it is wonderful, right on the beach with a great pool and awesome rooms. Our favorite room is the "Birdsong", it has french doors that open up to a full wooden deck to sit out and watch the dolphins. They also have a great little cottage with a heart shaped tub that is cool. The Harrington is not cheap but it is worth every penny. If you are looking for something less expensive I would recommend Tropical Isle, Queens Gate and Tortuga Resort, all these are across the street from the beach where as the Harrington House is right ON the beach. Let us know what you decided on and if you do decide on the Harrington House you will need to go ahead and make reservations, the book up months in advance!

Hebron
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

Thanks RustyKat

I appreciate the info!

We most likely will book the Harrington House.........right on beach sounds like the place to be!

Just wondering: What can we walk to from there?

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

Jojo, I know you will love the Harrington House, their breakfast is to die for and if you want to bring champagne to your table they will add orange juice and make you a great mimosa! You can walk to almost everything there but they also have bikes for you and there is a free trolley that goes all over the Island that will pick you up and you can stop at many different spots. Make sure you take it down to Bridgewalk and have a drink at the Sun House and Bridge Tender, you can also walk out on the pier. Another great place is Decoy Duck, they jave good food and music, just around the corner from the Harrington House! Oh and you will LOVE the fresh bakes cookies and lemonaide they serve in the afternoon...just take my advise, book now or it will be all filled.

Hebron
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

What about staying in the Carriage House 5 room?

I just spoke with someone at the Harrington House and she said it was just as nice, but a little less expensive than the Bird Song room?

Also, we have been to the Island many times, and I am trying to figure out where the HH is.

Is it close to Cafe on the Beach or more towards Bridge Tender or the SandBar?

By the way.......One of our favorite places to go is Rotten Ralphs!

We LOVED Bongo's , I was so sad when it was gone!

AND I always spend way to much money at the Sterling Anvil!

Thanks again for all your help!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

Jojo, I have never stayed at the Carriage House but I have had friends that did and I have seen the rooms and they are very nice. If I had a choice I would stay in the main house, you have the pool right there, it is closer to the water (Carriage House sits further back from the water) and it is just a beautiful vintage house. Of course if you stay at the Carriage House you are entitled to all the ammenities at the Main House. I am sure you have been to their website, that shows you where the Carriage House is. If your budget is an issue (as mine always is) look at the Sprindrift room at the Main House, it is a smller room but I think it is cozy, it is downstairs and opens right out to the pool. I have stayed in that room many times and it is about 40.00 less expensive than the Birdsong. I know you would be happy in any of their rooms, they are all first class. If you go on their website look at the Chefs corner and see the receipes, I hope they make the Brunch Pie for you, it is soooo good, we make it at home and everyone loves it. As far as location if you were to take the road that dead ends to the Bradenton Municipal Beach and go to the right like you are heading towards the Sandbar, it is past the marina, past the Sterling Anvil and around that curve about 1/2 mile, just before the road splits. You probably have never seen it because it sits back a ways with lots of trees and plants around it. Do you ever go to Duffy's? We love their hamburgers and have been going there before they moved to the new location. We also like Mr. Bones, it is a lot of fun! You are making me excited for you, I know you will have a wonderful time. If I can help you any further, I would be happy to! By the way, when in May are you to get married? Our anniversary is May 12th.

Hebron
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

Hey RustyKat , thanks so much for all you help. I so appreciate it!!

We plan to marry here in KY , in a real small Catholic wedding, on March 17th & in May we are going to do a "2nd Beach type Wedding....I guess it will really be like "renewing " our vows!

I have ALWAYS wanted a beach wedding so I figured why not do BOTH!!

I wish we could get there before May but I can't get away from work til then!

We are thinking of staying a variety of places while we are on the Island (May 16 -29)

I figure it IS our Honeymoon, so why not?

Do you have any other hotel/motel/B & b suggestions.....that are close to or directly on the beach?

I wish we could afford a house or cottage on the beach and just stay there the whole time!

We have friends that live in Bradenton, near the Village Green/Pointe West area , which is real close to Anna Maria Island, and we always stay with them. We just love it there in the Island and I wish we could just move there!

I love the sunsets there, and we try to make it to Cafe on the Beach or the Sand Bar every night to watch.

I have never been to Duffy's but I will make sure we go there this trip.

We went to Mr. Bones, I thought it was real good!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

Jojo, I have a little place that I think would be perfect for you, it is right on the beach it is called Sailfish Suites, it is under new management, a lady who use to manage Marriot Hotels is managing it now and she has done a lot to it. It is not elaborate, they are four units, sort of like a duplex and they have a cute little kitche, bed and bathroom and and wonderful porch that sits right on the beach. Her name is Jeannie, please mention my name, Natalie from Tampa and she will be glad to help you, we stayed in #1 unit and I think it is the best, it is a "old Florida" beachy little place, we loved it and the price is right! Her number is 800-778-1924, ask her for the website address so you can take a look.

Hebron
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

Thanks so much for the info.

I just went to the web site and the place looks real cute!

We are getting MAJOR snow here right now.

BUT, I did get to leave work early, and pretty much prayed all the way home because it was a very scary drive.

We have about 5 inches, now .........but it is still snowing!

I sooooooooo wish I was on Anna Maria Island right now!

Take care and I will keep you posted on where we end up!

Thanks again-

Joni

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Place to stay for Honeymoon on Anna Maria Island?

You are welcome, sorry about the cold, I am a native Floridian so I cant even relate to that kind of weather. I think you would really like the Sailfish, I hesitate to even recommend it, it's the kinda of place you want to keep to yourself (so selfish). The location is perfect and for the money you want find anything better that is right on the beach! The only negative thing is that it does not have a pool but you can walk right out your door on to the sand and swim the gulf! Good luck and keep safe!

Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria