We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Anna Maria Island

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to Anna Maria Island

We are heading down to Anna Maria Island this weekend and staying at a new place we have never stayed before called "Sailfish Suites"right on the beachside. Has anyone ever stayed there before? When I return I will let you guys know what it is like. Also, we are going to visit the Cortez Fishing area this time to get a little information about their annual Cortez Fishing Festival in February. If anyone has anything else they would like us to check out, just let me know, we will be leaving late this afternoon.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Anna Maria Island

hey rustyKat!

Hope you have a wonderful stay on the island...

You could check the weather for me and the La Costa Condominium... How does it look like now?

Will be there in dec. to finish all the remodelling and all the pics look great. just like to hear another opinion :-)))

Enjoy!!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Anna Maria Island

Sorry FL, I didnt get your question until we had already returned. I am not familiar with the condo you mentioned but how lucky you are to have one there, everything has gone up so much as far as property, property taxes and insurance. The weather was a little cold but we liked it. We were very pleased to see the old rusty pipes off the beach. The beach was wonderful, very little seaweed and lots of white sand. Hope you have a wonderful visit.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Anna Maria Island

yeah, we really l o v e this island! Florida is great and there is so much fun in Orlando, Miami or Key West but we always enjoy to be back on the Island to hang on the beach...

On dec 16th I will be in Tampa to see the Lightning vs Hurricanes in the NHL...

Think they just moved south with those pipes because, if i remember wright, they wanted to start the renourishment of the beach in november... South of 17th street...

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Anna Maria Island

How did you like the Sailfish Suites? We are visiting Anna Maria in January & I have been searching this forum for a place to stay but haven't made my mind up. I am considering the Tropic Isle Inn and the Seaside Resort, but am open to other suggestions. My husband, daughter, and I are going just to relax after the holidays. Thanks for your posts to this forum.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to Anna Maria Island

UDMom, we really liked the Sailfish Suites, I have driven past it a hundred times and was always interested in it but it never had a website and I assumed they rented for week only. It depends on what you like, Tropical Isle is across the street fom the beach but has a great tropical garden surrounding the pool and you can SEE the water from there, I would say that the accomodations such as tile floors, furniture , appliances are a grade above Sailfish and Seaside. However, Seaside is right on the beach side but it does have a sea wall that you have to walk down to the beach, the accomodations are nice, I think they have remodeled since we stayed there too. Salfish is small, no pool, it has only four units and they are like a duplex, two face the water and two on on the side. We stayed in #1 and it was bright, clean and comfortable but more homey rather than resort. What we like the best about it is you could walk right out the sliding glass door and there were round tables and chairs and you are ON the beach, you cant beat the view! If you call Sailfish mention me (Natalie) from Tampa that stayed there the weekend before Thanksgiving to the lady, she is the new manager, she retired from corporate at Marriots and you can see her touch, wonderful soft towels and the little bottles of shampoo and conditioners . Let us know what you decided and have a great trip.

6. Re: Heading to Anna Maria Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria