We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perfect house for us?

Campbell, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Perfect house for us?

Looking for a house with a pool to rent within a short walk to beach access with 4-5 bedrooms. Why is this so hard? Can anyone recommend either a house or a rental agency you've had luck with? Budget is in the 3-4.5K range for a week. First timers to AMI and really want this to be as awesome as everyone says it is! 8 adults, a six year old and 4 babies.

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perfect house for us?

Arriving saturday for second stay in anchor splash, not far to beach access, like 3-4 house. You do cross gulf dr, but its north of pine ave and most traffic turns at pine ave to access north shore dr. All on one level, granite in kichen and baths. Nice house, nice pool. Reasonable price. Your budget is pretty good.

A really cool house is seahorse cove off pine, but it is a few blocks from gulf.

Anchor splash is rented through www.annamariaparadise.com. They have a number of houses in anna maria city and holmes beach. Seahorse cove is rented through www.coastalcottagesami.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perfect house for us?

We've stayed here, not sure the occupancy limit, but it is a 5 bedroom with 2 living areas. and a pool. Views of the gulf from the upper level, only one house in from the beach on a quiet street.

mikenormanrealty.com/rns/rental/10581STST/

Edited: 3:03 pm, July 25, 2013
Virginia
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perfect house for us?

We really enjoyed 776 North Shore Drive which is available through Green Realty. The pool isn't very large, but it is right across the street from the beach.

I need to get around to a review and trip report.

Virginia
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perfect house for us?

I also meant to say that Green Realty may have other houses that work for you too, including the house next door to where we stayed.

Mike

United States
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perfect house for us?

What agencies have you contacted? There are quite a few with great online search engines which will return exactly what your looking for. Or you can call them directly. Anna Maria Paradise and Anna Maria Vacations have terrific sites. I've used both companes, one for a 3BR and the other I booked a 5BR without problem. Both have 5+ BR rentals in their listings.

Colchester,England
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Perfect house for us?

Hi, would recommend Sunset & Sunrise Cottages on Gulf Drive in Holmes Beach, separate houses with 3 bedrooms each & interconnecting gate. Provides privacy if required or the luxury of 2 pools etc. luxury accommodation near beach access with trolley stops nearby. Only downside is some traffic noise from the road outside. Rented on VRBO, lovely owner to deal with. Enjoy AMI wherever you stay!

MD
Level Contributor
58 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perfect house for us?

I have not stayed with them yet, but this weekend I'll be in a house rented from Fran Maxon Realty. I've yet to see them mentioned here on TA, but I found them advertised in the Islander newspaper, and recalled seeing them on the island. Communication has been great.

We just rented a 2 bedroom house as there are only 3, then 4 of us staying. But I did see they rent a 5BR 4 BA house with a pool at 207 Palm Ave that might be a good fit for you.

www.franmaxonrealestate.com/index.php…

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perfect house for us?

satorealestate.com/…

We have not stayed in this house specifically, but have used Sato and liked them. I like that this house is so close to the beach AND walking distance to a few restaurants.

Also check out their Berryfish property. It's a duplex, but both sides rented makes it a six bedroom.

Edited: 11:06 am, July 31, 2013
United States
Level Contributor
6,412 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perfect house for us?

Another suggestion for a very good rental company with which to work is Island Real Estate. They have gone above and beyond our expectations when we have needed their help. I mean really above and beyond! I'm too embarrassed to even tell you what they had to do one time to help us!

www.islandreal.com

Spencerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perfect house for us?

Try Annamaria.com for Anna Maria vacations. They have many houses to choose from at a variety of island locations. We are staying with then for the first time Sunday and I so far am impressed with them !