We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a reputable realtor or website for Anna Maria...

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
957 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a reputable realtor or website for Anna Maria...

Have been going back & forth between Longboat Key & Anna Maria Island - have decided on Anna Maria Island - can anyone suggest a reputable realtor or website for a vacation rental? Also, are some areas of the island better to stay in than others? Looking for beachfront or close to it. This vacation is for me and my husband in February, 2007

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a reputable realtor or website for Anna Maria...

I am glad you decided on Anna Maria, you will love it. Actually the island has three parts, anna maria, bradenton beach and holmes beach and all are equally nice, you have to understand we arent talking about a large island here. If you were driving on gulf drive you really wouldnt know when you passed over from one to the other. We have used Mike Norman Reality before and rented a great house last november, they usually only rent for a week or more. February will be hard to book so you need to get something soon. You can go on the chamber of commerce website for Anna Maria island and it will give all kinds of websites. Just type in your search engine anna maria island fl chamber of commerce. If you find a place let me know and I probably know about it, I am a native to the area.

Grain Valley...
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a reputable realtor or website for Anna Maria...

We have used Anna Maria Island Accomodations and Island Realty ( I think that is what it was called - It uses a sand dollar as a logo). We were pleased with both. We actually loved the house we just stayed at. It was through Anna Maria Island Accomodation and was listed as "Paradise Found".

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a reputable realtor or website for Anna Maria...

depends what you are looking for but try annamaria.com - nice houses, or look at bermuda bay townhouses. Also Coconuts beach resort.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a reputable realtor or website for Anna Maria...

check out annamariabeachcottages.com very cute and great place for the wife. trolly stops right by it and bikes and beach stuff come with the units

South
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a reputable realtor or website for Anna Maria...

HI.. I took my kids there last april, luv'd it and going back in Oct 06.. We booked through Suncoastinc.com, great folks. also looking at a house with islandreal.com (104 maple).. if you want quiet and private.. i would suggest northend anna maria island. mostly residential and very nice.. a few artsey shops and the wonderful Sandbar restarant. The island near that end has dead end streets that have around 6-10 houses running down each one.. with a beach access at the end usually going thru some nice trees. Try to get something on the beach side with no street to cross.. makes a difference. They have canal front homes too.. but unless u have a boat and need that, i'd recommend the left sideof the island.. the sunset's are fabulous.. everyone comes out of their houses.. walks out on the beach and watches it go down.. just heaven.

True what the earlier post said about winter time though.. lots of 'snowbirds' and homes that are 'seasonal' rental only during that time (not just by the week). So book early. I've found to just call and talk to the real estate folks.. they can point u in the right directions.. have fun.. it's a great place!!

6. Re: Looking for a reputable realtor or website for Anna Maria...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria