We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

Hello! We are planning our first trip to AMI this summer and I'd love to find a property that is both beachfront, but also has a pool (preferably private). Do these exist? We are willing to flex the budget, but have yet to find a pool on the beach that is not part of a large complex. My husband really wants a cottage with a pool in the backyard, but I want to see and hear the waves so we are looking for a compromise.

This is close (yet pool is not private): islandreal.com/bre/…

This is what he prefers (close to beach still across the street and no view): www.VRBO.com/24779

Any suggestions or even thoughts/experience with properties above would be helpful. Thanks!

Cork
Level Contributor
615 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

mikenormanrealty.com/rns/rental/PARADISES/

Take a look at this the pool while shared never was used by anyone but us .

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

I know one at 104 Pine in Anna Maria

Have Fun

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

The only houses I know with pools that are beachfront (not many of them) but they are larger like 4-6 bedrooms.

The vrbo one is not real close at 250 yards, seems like there would be tons of cute houses with pools that are closer. I would look for a block or less if you want close.

There are a couple of cute small vintage cottages on the beach. No pool.

You don't say what your budget is, but Mainsail Beach Inn has beachfront units that seems to be a similar style to your choices. Upscale, uodated. But it is expensive. Pool would probably not be crowded either as it is not a huge complex.

Some really cute stuff on Pine ave with pools and close to shopping and restaruants.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

You could also check the Harrington House B&B, they have bungalows and private cottages besides the Inn. They are on the beach. Some of the older complex might work as well, White Sands, Coconuts, they are small. on the beach with a pool.

United States
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

You didn't say if you will have children with you, so it affects my suggestion. If you are going with just the two of you, I would go with your choice. The view would be so wonderful, and sitting by a pool that you have to share, it might be nice to meet and talk to new people. If you are taking kids, I would pass on the view to have a place for them to swim privately, with you watching and enjoying in your own space. You can always walk to the beach to see the sunset. His choice is a lot more upscale, and that makes a vacation nice too, to have upgraded surroundings. Hope you are happy with whichever you choose!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

I vote for Hidden Cove! I have always wanted to stay there, but we need 3 bedrooms.

There are only 6 or so units sharing the pool, if I remember correctly.

Gulf-front (with the waves crashing outside your window at night), is worth sharing a pool, IMHO.

Edited: 6:58 pm, April 09, 2013
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

Here is another option:

islandvacationproperties.com/rental/…

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

Thank you for all of your comments and help. We haven't booked yet but this has been very helpful.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

We will be traveling with a toddler, hence why the pool is fairly important.

10. Re: Beachfront + Pool - Any Recs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria