We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Countdown to May begins!

MN
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Countdown to May begins!

I'm so excited, DH & I are booked at Anne-Marie's Enchanted Cottage the first week in May! We're a 1/2 block from The Waterfront Inn & the bay, hmmm, what to do first....

I read an older article that said The Waterfront has wine tasting on Thursday night, anyone know if they still do that? Rod & Reel is right there at the top of the list & the Sandbar for drinks at sunset :)

3 1/2 months is a long time to wait!!!!

Cork
Level Contributor
618 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Countdown to May begins!

It is terrible we have to wait so long for May and then it will be gone in a flash!! Has anyone here gone to the Red Barn Market.We never got there last year but it looks cool is it worth a day of browsing ? Are their nice places for lunch etc?

MN
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Countdown to May begins!

That's kind of what I figured....thanks!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Countdown to May begins!

You will see a lot of changes around the Waterfront and Pine Street this year, there are a lot of new shops and places to eat. I'm dying to try the donut shop whre you can choose your own toppings and they are made fresh several times a day. They will be having lots of different promotions, music and activities. The best thing is to check the Island Sun newspaper when you get there or if you use Facebook most of the new stores have pages that annouce what is going on.

As far as drinks on the beach, we always have something to drink on the beach but we put it in plastic and have never had any issues. They difinately dont check cooler, not enough man power to so that!!!

Have fun and report back!!

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Countdown to May begins!

Hey BeachbunnyMN,

Are you going to be there on the 4th? They will be having Wine and Dine on Pine that day. We went the first year and had a great time. Lots of food vendors and activities. Unfortunately we will miss it again this year (my hubbby and I always tie vacay to our anniversary the 18th, and last year went to Waterfront for the Anniv dinner, this year it will be Sign of the Mermaid)

BTW, I am originally from MN, my sister who comes to AMI with us in August still lives in Eden Prairie. To cold for me, but like you, I am a beachbunny at heart. Someday I wanna move to AMI :))

Cork
Level Contributor
618 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Countdown to May begins!

We have not tried Sign of the Mermaid but am hearing great reports! Its a defo for this year. Its great to talk to people who can't wait for the holiday to come!! You can't be boring friends at home who have never been to AMI and keep going on about how you wish it was time to visit again.

MN
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Countdown to May begins!

Yes! We come in on May 2nd...and the 4th is our anniversary, so that sounds perfect! Nice of them to throw us an anniversary party.... :)

I've lived in Cold Spring for 21 yrs, in central MN, but am a transplant from Texas....spent a lot of my childhood at Port Aransas/Padre Island & am a beach bum at heart. AMI sure sounds like a place I'd like to call home! Thanks for all the tips!

Edited: 2:56 pm, January 18, 2013
lexington, ky
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Countdown to May begins!

LOL, I know exactly where Cold Spring is! Though i grew up south of Minneapolis, when my Dad retired from Ft. Snelling, they moved to Richmond on Horsehoe Lake! This was back in the nineties. They moved to Ocala Fl in 97 and have since passed away, but I remember there being a local bakery in town where they would take us when we came to visit (my living in KY by this time). Small world.

And Happy Anniversary, they are gonna have a big party for you on Pine Ave, and how nice you can walk to it. I know the house you are renting. Wanted to rent it last fall but trip fell through. Nice lady. I believe she said the guy who takes care of it is from MN. I asked here cause I noticed she had a MN phone listed on vrbo.

MN
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Countdown to May begins!

Small world! And....before moving 5 miles east to Cold Spring, I lived in Richmond on East Lake, just the other side of the bridge from Horseshoe!Cold Spring Bakery would be the one you're talking about...it's kinda a regional celebrity. I noticed Anne-Marie's secondary # was a 612 area code, too.....weird! Maybe it was just meant to be :)

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Countdown to May begins!

Probably so, it was a sign. You will love it there, I'm sure, and get bitten by the bug like the rest of us. May is a great time to go!

20. Re: Countdown to May begins!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria