We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Charter Advice

South Lyon, Michigan
7 posts
Save Topic
Fishing Charter Advice

My husband and I are visiting Aug 27-Sep 3 and are looking for a fun fishing charter. Would like to try offshore, but I tend to get seasick. I did get a prescription for the patch but have never used it before, so I don't know how well it works. We are trying to decide between a private charter inshore or something like the Flying Fish Fleet which looks to be a larger "party boat." Any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Charter Advice

I know all the guys in this coupon book are first class and always get lots of fish. They are: Show Me the Fish charters and Cortez Kat. Both have outstanding reputations and even offer a deal here. www.sunsavercoupons.com

Let us know how the fishing is.

Have fun

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
681 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Charter Advice

My snowbird friends from MI,

charter weekly with Cpt. Greg

Darcie, his boat is "The Doghouse"

located in the Holmes Beach boat

basin, just before the HB Library,

his contact number is 407-467-

5788. Enjoy!

cleveland
Level Contributor
912 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Charter Advice

If you're really worried about getting seasick, pier fishing in Anna Maria is really great option. Both Rod and Reel and City Pier have restaurant/bar and bathroom facilities. Rod and Reel has some helpful guys working the pier (and selling bait) who can tell you what's biting. My husband and I have caught more than 20 variety of fish from Rod and Reel...from flounder and mackerel to lady fish and shark. Also, the guys who work at Catchers next to the Holmes Beach fire station are very helpful ... they know what's biting and what you need to catch it. They have never tried to upsell us. Finally, surf fishing at Bean Point is a treat, too. Standing waist deep in the aqua water, you can see the fish approaching. Last year, manatee swam within feet of my husband and another guy who was fishing there, too.

South Lyon, Michigan
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing Charter Advice

Thank you all for your input. Now we just have to hope that "little storm" brewing in the Carribean doesn't hit while we are there :)

Anna Maria Island
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing Charter Advice

Sumo Time Charters is Great!!!!

BeachBumsAMI

6. Re: Fishing Charter Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 12, 2012