We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help find a condo

Santa Fe , New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Please help find a condo

Hi,

We are absolutely overwhelmed with the choice of condos in Anna Maria for next June. Looked through many dozens and completely confused.

Meanwhile, we found Sand Cay resort (www.sandcayresort.com/) which we really liked, but it is on Longboat Key. Our idea now is to find a comparable place on Anna Maria.

This is what we are looking for:

-- 2 bed / 2 bath, sleeps 6, on the beach or very close to it

-- Swimming pool.

--- We also would much prefer if the complex had chairs for the guests already on the beach (as opposed to hauling portable chairs with us back and forth every day).

--- Not expensive (ideally less expensive than Longboat Key)

--- Near shops, restaurants and some life (which is what the resort on Longboat Key is lacking)

Would very much appreciate an advice,

Thanks, KKYY

Edited: 7:11 pm, August 18, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Sunrise Garden Resort
Sunrise Garden Resort
#1 of 3 hotels in Anna Maria
Bungalow Beach Resort
Bungalow Beach Resort
#2 of 3 hotels in Anna Maria
Sea Isle Motel
Sea Isle Motel
#3 of 3 hotels in Anna Maria
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help find a condo

Look at LaCosta. Many of the units have beach chairs available. You will not find a full service resort on AMI with chairs set up daily. They have a great pool, the trolley stops nearby (free trolley, about 6 AM to 10 PM), two/two condos with many with a pull out in the living room.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help find a condo

I second La Costa becasue I have stayed there so many times. It is right on the beach, great pool, tennis court and ever unit I have stayed in has been wonderful. Talk to Dan Talley, the Manager he is great to work with. My favortie is Unit 120, you cal also check each unit out on their website at www.lacostacondo.com Tell Dan that you heard about it on Trip Advisor and I am sure he will work with you to get a great price.

Brentwood, Tennessee
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help find a condo

Also check out Anna Maria Island Club. There are several units on VRBO and also at various realtors. A little more upscale than LaCosta for about the same price with the same amenities.

Mentioned in this post
Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
127 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help find a condo

I suggest you call one of the local real estate companies. Just Google Anna Maria Island Rentals and call one and tell them what you are looking for. If you get an answering machine move on to the next one. The good one's are open 6-7 days per week and you want that so you are supported every day of your vacation. Of course I would assume you are calling during business hour although I have seen a few that are open after 6 PM. Best yet, be ready to look at a website while they tell/show you some choices...

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe , New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help find a condo

Thank you all so much!

AMI
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help find a condo

Click on the website of one of the two AMI local papers.

http://www.amisun.com/index.htm

There are ads on the right hand side of the online paper for several of the good rentals agencies located on the island.

7. Re: Please help find a condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria