We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tampa to Anna Maria Island - Toll Charges

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,658 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Tampa to Anna Maria Island - Toll Charges

I will be vacationing on AMI in Oct 2011 and will be driving from/to Tampa Airport (in a rental car).

In the main this journey is on the I 275 and Google Maps says this a partial toll road which I believe is the toll charges for the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

There has been an article in the travel section of a UK newspaper highlighting the introduction of automatic toll charges on several holiday routes in Florida which means that the option to pay by cash as you pass the toll is no longer available and drivers must buy a "sunpass".

The article directed me to www.sunpass.com which sets out details for the Florida Turnpike but I couldn't find any clear information on whether automatic tolls apply to the I 275.

I want to be prepared as the article highlighted that the rental car companies tend to charge a weekly fee of up to $40 for the inclusion of the "sunpass" in the car.

Do local experts know if automatic toll charges have been introduced, or are expected to be introduced, on the I 275 or will I still have the option to throw my quarters into the bin as I pass through.

Thanks for any replies.

TomC

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tampa to Anna Maria Island - Toll Charges

Tom, yes, you are correct. No tolls in our area on 75, 275, 4 except the Sunshine Skyway, which is $1 each way, payable in cash.

12. Re: Tampa to Anna Maria Island - Toll Charges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria