We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anna Maria vs Longboat Vs Siesta Key

Kansas
Level Contributor
162 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Anna Maria vs Longboat Vs Siesta Key

We are trying to choose a condo through RCI and it looks like we have a couple choices in Longboat Key, some choices in Siesta Key or Sarasota and one near Bradenton but it says it is on Anna Maria Island.

Here are the options: Gulf Tides of Longboat Key or Four Winds of Longboat Key

Calini Beach Club or Sarasota Sands or Suntide Islands Beach Club (Siesta Key?)

Smuglers Cove (on Anna Maria Island)

It will just be my husband and me with no kids and we are looking to just relax and do a little sight seeing. We are not into shopping.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,213 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anna Maria vs Longboat Vs Siesta Key

All three islands are really nice. I don't the the properties well, as I have a house not too faraway and usually make day trips there. But somneopne who does will be up and along later.

Anna Maria is old world florida. Low rise, low key, great beaches great for families or adults only. Has Beachfront restaurants (the others really don't) and has a free trolley to get around if you want to go out at night w/o the car.

Siesta Key has one of the top rated beaches in the world. And it is a fun place to visit. Not as good for non drivers as AMI (has bus service but only til 7pm) and no beach front bars or restaurants. But fun ones in the village.

Longboat Key has great beaches and some pricy houses and condos to rent. And a few hotels too. My family who live near orlando go here for the Summer holiday if you can believe it lol. I like it a lot, but probably prefer the other 2 but there isn't much in it. I don't know about public transport here- it may not be that great.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anna Maria vs Longboat Vs Siesta Key

absolutly agree with amanx...

There is a trolley on Longboat too... It runs from Anna Maria Island to St. Armands Circle and it costs 75 cents per ride...

I love Siesta Key for a day trip and a nice evening in a bar at Siesta Village.

I also like Longboat for the drive and the view of the nice houses...

But we have a condo on Anna Maria and that is where we feel REALLY home.

We love Florida as a whole but this place is really special for us.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anna Maria vs Longboat Vs Siesta Key

Sarasota Sands as well as Suntide Club are gulf front ttime share properties on Lido Key, not Siesta Key, and both are within walking distance of the shops and restaurants of St. Armand's Circle in Sarasota

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,820 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anna Maria vs Longboat Vs Siesta Key

Check out La Costa Condo's at Anna Maria Island, great location, one the beach, tennis court and within walking distance to some really cool places to eat and have a cocktail.

Virginia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anna Maria vs Longboat Vs Siesta Key

Smuggler's Cove is bayfront rather than on the Gulf, but the beach is right across the street. The description and pictures of Smuggler's Cove on the website are accurate and the property is conveniently located near the trolley and within walking distance of Gulf Drive Cafe, the Beach House, and Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach.

Here's a link to their site: http://www.vacationet.com/resort.php?id=1

Of the 3 islands mentioned, AMI is definitely my favorite, followed by Lido and then Longboat.

Enjoy your stay whichever one you choose!

6. Re: Anna Maria vs Longboat Vs Siesta Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 09, 2011