We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurant for a family celebration

NJ
9 posts
Save Topic
Good Restaurant for a family celebration

So we'll be there next Tuesday and I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday on Wednesday. Just wondering what would be a good restaurant to celebrate with a big family gathering?

Thanks,

Maribel

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurant for a family celebration

If the Sandbar was better with their service I would recommend them but it is always a luck of the draw. I would feel more confident with the BeachHouse, even though they are owned by the same group the service seems to be more consistant. It is on the beach an a fun place. I would call ahead and let them know what your requirements are.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurant for a family celebration

I would LOVE to be at the Beach House on my 40th! You are so lucky! Just FYI I had a salad at the Sandbar that I just loved, and they made it for me at the Beach House at my request. I liked the service and the atmosphere at the Beach House too.

NJ
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurant for a family celebration

Thank you! I can't wait to be on the beach...

Leeds
Level Contributor
66 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurant for a family celebration

If you are looking for quality food you cannot beat the Sign of the Mermaid but if you are looking to eat by the beach the Sandbar should be your choice.

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Restaurant for a family celebration

How about considering the Sunhouse or waterfront?

I've had lovely meals in both,

Mick

mi
Level Contributor
350 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Restaurant for a family celebration

I think the Beach House tends to handle large groups much better than the Sand Bar.

Sign of the Mermaid would not be a good choice for a large group because all the dinning rooms are fairly small and you would end up in seperate rooms.

We've done big groups at Rotton Ralphs (@ Galati's) and had some success.

There is also St Armad and Sarasota too.

7. Re: Good Restaurant for a family celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 02, 2009