We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Isle Village

NYC
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Palm Isle Village

Has anyone stayed here? I think address is 3203-3215 Gulf Drive. 11 cottages surrounding a pool. Looks nice on the internet, but who knows what it's really like. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Isle Village

Chef, this is a very nice place, I have not stayed there myself but I am familiar with the property and it gets very good reviews. It is across the street from the beach but they provide you with little carts to take your things to the beach. I think it is a good choice, read the reviews on Trip Advisor and I think you will have a good feel for it. Have fun!

NYC
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Isle Village

Hi RustyKat,

Thanks a lot. I just posted this again twice by accident. Sick baby up all night can't think straight. Many thanks. chefboyari

NYC
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Isle Village

Actually RustyKat, I searched for "Palm Isle Village" and only found one mention of it on tripadvisor. The person hadn't stayed there but just passed by it. Could you steer my brain-dead head to where I can find the reviews you mentioned? Thanks, chef

NYC
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Isle Village

Are you maybe thinking of Palm Tree Villas?

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Isle Village

Chef - I am so sorry, I did think you meant Palm Tree Village but the good news is that when ever I go to the Island I take a note pad to write down new places that I see that look really nice and guess what, I looked at my notes from a couple of weekends ago and I had written down Palm Isle Village as a place I wanted to try out, we actually stopped in and I got a brochure, I think you can rent or own these cottages and they looked sooooo wonderful, fresh, bright colors and the landscaping was very tropical and really nice. Please let me know how you liked them as I am dying to go!

NYC
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Isle Village

Thanks Rustykat. That was an awesomely quick response just when I needed it. The only 2nd thoughts I'm having about Palm Isle Village is the beach amenities. I'm bringing the wife and a 5 mo old and wondering whether we should stay somewhere that has a bunch of lounge chairs on the beach rather than have lug everything a block or two when we're trying to handle the little tyke. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that. Fwiw, my wife liked the Palm Isle and Bungalow Beach online pics, but thought the online pics of Palm Tree Villas looked a bit less attractive. I also have seen Bradenton Beach Club pics and a few individual home/cottage rentals that looked nice. Too many choices! Any advice? My wife definitely wants a pool and ideally would like a place close to the pool so that we could put the baby to sleep and take a monitor outside to the pool for a swim. but of course we also want to go to the beach and have easy access to lounge chairs and maybe umbrellas. We'll spend most of our non-beach time checking out the island, eating, or napping/relaxing. We also do like occassional evening TV even (especially) on vacation, and A/C is a must, central air would be ideal. I know i know you're saying oh it's a fancy new yorker coming to old Florida and wanting everything. that's not the case, we are laid back, but just know from experience what we want. thanks for all the help.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Isle Village

Hey Chef, I dont think of you as a fany NYer at all, what you are looking for is excatly what we look for. Here are a few thoughts, Palm Isle Village is only a short walk across Gulf Drive and it's on the curve where there is not a lot of traffic but yeas, you would have to lug your things across the street. As far as beach front, I have stayed at Bungalow Beach Resort a bunch of times and they are really cute cottages and they are very nicely appointed with nice furnishings and linen, I would opt for a cottage rather than one of the motel rooms, they are really small, too small. The pools is a small pool too and it is at the front of the property but all in all you cant beat it, the guys who own and run it are very helpful and nice too. I understand your request for a pool near your room so you could put baby down and have a swim and I thought about two places but they arent on the beach, but each just a hop across the road and they do have beach chairs on their "private" beach, (not really their beach, they just claim it is) Tropic Isle is a lovely place with beautiful tropical foliage all around and the pool is in the center of the rooms which would be great for you. They have studio's and one or two bedroom units that have great kitchens that are fresh and very well kept. The other option is Queens Gate, they have cottages that the back door opens out to the pool, it is a little more out dated and the only problem I have ever had was in the cottages the air conditioners were not adequate when I was there. Tortuga Inn could also work, very nice rooms with kitchens and you could get a pool side room. If you really want beach front, also try Cedar Cove, their penthouse and Mermaid suite is cute and tropical but they dont have a pool. I hope this helps you, if you narrow it down let me know and I will give you my opinions on the properties.

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Palm Isle Village

Hey Chef - We have been going to Anna Maria for a number of years and the Bradenton Beach Club is awesome if you can get one of the few ocean front rooms. Pool is right in front of you and so is the beach. the water is also very clear at this part of the island. We use island real estate (www.islandreal.com) They rent one unit on the second floor. It is very nice and kitchen, dining room and living all look out over the pool and ocean. It's saves a lot of money on eating out because the kitchen is so nice I like to cook all our meals looking out over the beach.

We are making our first trek ot NYC in August after out week at Anna Maria and staying at 1871 house in the UES. Have you ever seen it or know anything about it?

NYC
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm Isle Village

Wow RustyKat, if you were a waiter i'd be giving you a 50% tip. great service from the resident expert! so in the end i think i'm going to give the nod to Bungalow Beach. only thing holding me back is price. the BB 2 br pool house has everything we want...central air, own pool, lounge chairs on the beach, nicely decorated for about $1540/wk. do you think there is anywhere we can get better for the price or same for less? palm isle village is $950/wk, so we're talkin and extra $600 for private pool, central air, and not having to lug beach furniture back & forth. Of course i want this vacation to be special for my wife and child and me. I'm always willing to spend the extra dime for peace of mind and enjoyment. Any thoughts?

also, is the Bungalow Beach in a nice area? i'd like to avoid bunches of condos and hubbub, much rather get away from it all. to make a hawaii analogy, i'm a kauai person, not a maui person. part of me wants to take that $1540/wk and get a private rental on the beach itself on the north side of anna maria and forget the pool and the amenities, but that's whole nother story....(-:

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palm Isle Village

Chef, I know it's hard to decide, I'm the worst when it comes that because, of course I want it all and I want it all to be perfect. I have been visiting AMI all my life and I have yet to find the "perfect place", still looking and if it is "perfect" we cant afford it. I agree that the Bungalow is pricey but if you look at it, it's around 215 a night and for a two bedroom on the beach, that isnt bad. I just want you to take a good look at the pool area because if you are expecting a huge pool side area, it lacks in that but makes up for it with being directly on the beach and the rooms are wonderful, which one are you looking to book? Now, to go further if you do wish to look at some houses check out www.mikenormanrealty.com we have used them a lot and there are never any hidden cost and we always get out deposit back within a couple of weeks. They have an online site that will show you pictures of the properties they have and some do have pools. If you find one give them a call and ask for a representative, sometimes they have teenagers in the summer answering the phone and please their hearts, they are clueless. Personally Chuck if I could afford a week at Bungalow I would jump on it and never look back, it is a great place and yes, it is in a great area, secluded with other little cottages around it. You can sit outside on your private porch and watch the sunset with a glass of wine and the baby could be fast alseep! Oh, and in my opinion there is no bad areas on the Island but where the Bungalow is is very good, close to shopping, restaurants but still not crowded. While you are there you should check out the Harrington House Bed & Breakfast fo when you and your wife could one day stay when the baby is older, now this is the PERFECT place.....yet expensive, check it out at www.harringtonhouse.com.