We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aspen Snow - Early March

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Aspen Snow - Early March

I'm thinking of booking a trip with friends to Aspen in early March of this year, could someone inform me what the snow-fall is like around this time. I've looked all over the internet and can't find any average snow-fall guides.

Thanks

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aspen Snow - Early March

Early March would be perfect timing for a skiing trip to Aspen. The likelihood of fresh snow will be less but the snow base will be near maximum.

Expert slopes will not be skied out [bare spots/rocks] and there will be long mogul runs that have not been groomed.

If a storm were to move through for one day, there could be 4 to 8" of new snow. Rarely would there be a big dump or several days of snowy weather.

Expect sunny skies and mid-mountain temperatures in the upper 20's. In town on a sunny day the temperature will be in the 40's but down to 20˚F overnight.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aspen Snow - Early March

As a rule, I have had my best ski days in late February and early March. But, the weather gods are the only ones who truly know what the weather will be like. March is our snowiest month in Colorado, so you could hit the jackpot.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aspen Snow - Early March

Well, thanks guys. You've put my mind at rest, March was the only time I could fly out, and having never skiied in the US before I was unsure of the duration of the ski season.

Looking forward to a great skiing trip to Aspen.

Many Thanks.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aspen Snow - Early March

12 inches of snow in the last 24 hours.

You can monitor conditions in Colorado at www.coloradoski.com/index.cfm?success=true

Unlike skiing in Europe, the majority of the trails are cut through the forest - tree lined on both sides, and this helps block any wind.

You will enjoy your visit more if you review the Stats and Facts for the 4 mountains managed by the SkiCo. You would not want to waste your skiing time being on the wrong mountain or trail.

The overview is under the 'Mountains' pull down at www.aspensnowmass.com/default.cfm…

You can also get an idea of the trails at aspensnowmass.com/onmountain/…default.cfm

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aspen Snow - Early March

I have found this weather website to be pretty accurate for forecasts - www.snowforecast.com/coloradofcst/aspen.html

6. Re: Aspen Snow - Early March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 23, 2009