We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving mid November

Hammond
1 post
Save Topic
Arriving mid November

My son and I will be vacationing for 4 days in Aspen, most probably some were on Cooper Ave! We're adventurous and live the outdoors. We'll be meeting up with family but doing a lot on our own. Im hoping to get a place that I can cook most of our meals to save money, and play in some snow that's open to the public! I'm on a tight budget so I'm really hoping I don't have to rent a car!! Plus we're from LA, so driving in snow is not something I'm awesome at!

We'll be flying into the Aspen airport. Any suggestions on public transportation around Aspen? Price of common groceries? Free to fairly priced entertainment? Best place to view the Rockies from Aspen?

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving mid November

mid Nov brings uncertain weather which can impact your adventures. If Independence Pass is still open then a drive to the top will offer spectacular views of the mountains. For groceries City Market is your best bet in town. For further info on Aspen --lodging, food etc. --check out

http://www.aspenchamber.org

Bring layered clothing. It could be snowy and cold.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving mid November

Hi, sounds like you are just getting started on trip plan.

You can see the mountains from Aspen.

There are free shuttles around Aspen and all of the town core is walkable. There is also free bus service to Snowmass Village. It is very easy to get around without a car. If you have light luggage you an catch the bus at the airport for free with a short walk to the bus stop.

As Texranger notes, City Market is right in the core of town, likely to be walking distance from your condo. It is owned by Kroger and prices are not too bad for a resort.

Entertainment- see events at the link Tex provided, there is a free art museum, there is a filmiest in November, the Bellyup is a great night club so check their schedule, Wheeler Opera House is another venue, etc.

Some years I am riding my bike in mid-Nov and others allow skiing, hard to know what it will be this year.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving mid November

A couple of cheap eats that we always hit are: Taster's Pizza (by the slice), homemade soup from Clark's Market, and The Big Wrap.

4. Re: Arriving mid November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 20, 2015