We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Colors

Littleton...
1 post
Save Topic
Fall Colors

How are the fall colors right now in Aspen? I'm not sure if they are going to be earlier or later because of all of the rain we just got. If anyone has an update I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,597 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Colors

There are updates on this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29141-i591-k68158…

Framingham...
Level Contributor
185 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall Colors

Was at Maroon Lake and Crater Lake on Friday monring, 9/20. The sunrise and scenery was superb and yes the foliage has begun. A nice mix of yellows and green above Maroon Lake. And if you hike further up to Crater Lake, you'll see lots more yellow, a smattering of orange, and a rare patch of red as well.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall Colors

Town and the ski mountains are still very green. And now there is a nice layer of snow up top on many of the mountains.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fall Colors

Color is finally starting to peak in Aspen. You should come soon if you haven't already.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,483 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fall Colors

Yep, snow showers expected for Friday and that might mean the leaves will start to drop so get there soon. What a different fall we are having.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fall Colors

I'm heading up Friday and will be in Aspen on Saturday. Will I be missing out because of this snow or will it still be great for the fall leaves? Also what is the best spot to go for a drive close to Aspen for this? Thank you!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fall Colors

I had hoped to go up to Maroon Bells this weekend to take a walk and look at the colors but govt shutdown has closed it.

Will go for lunch at Pinecreek Cookhouse instead. It will be cold and windy so leaves may not stay on trees much longer.

Today was incredible, out on my bike at 8000' and it was a brilliant mosaic of texture and color. Love Colorado!!!

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fall Colors

We went to Maroon Bells yesterday as the road is still open to walkers and cyclists. 11 mile round trip but stunning views and Fall colour.

Been on the Rio Grande trail this morning, beautiful in the snow.

9. Re: Fall Colors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 06, 2014