We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Town in July -Doyou need to stay in town?

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LI NY
Level Contributor
433 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in Town in July -Doyou need to stay in town?

Hi,

I can't make up my mind where to stay while in Aspen.

Saw the Inn at Aspen but thats 2 miles away from town but they do have a shuttle. Do you really have to stay in town?

Can anyone make suggest loding in town thats 150-200 a night?

Read all the reviews, still can't make up my mind.

Thanks

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Town in July -Doyou need to stay in town?

Prior to moving to the area, I preferred to stay in town when visiting. Aspen is very much a walking town and by staying in town it allowed me to walk out of the hotel and be right in the middle of the summer events. I feel like you get to enjoy more of Aspen's atmosphere by being in town. That said, no you don't have to stay in town. Not only do the hotels and lodges offer shuttles, Aspen has a great public transportation system and it is free within the Aspen area, fare being charged only if you choose to head down valley to Snowmass, Basalt, etc. Bus service actually runs from Aspen, all the way to Rifle.

Since I became a local 7 years ago, I haven't had the need to price the hotels during the summer season so I am not much help there. Whether or not you can find anything in that price range depends on what you are looking for. If you will accept clean and safe, with a very basic room, then you should be able to find something in that price. Best bet is to go to www.stayaspensnowmass.com. They should be able to help you out. They can at least give you an idea of what is available in your price range and then you can check the properties out.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Town in July -Doyou need to stay in town?

Check out www.aspenmountainlodge.com It's affordable, comfortable and walking distance to town. The garden rooms are the least expensive and although they don't have a balcony, they are roomy and nice.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Town in July -Doyou need to stay in town?

You didn't mention when you were coming, but if you have the flexibility to stay Sunday-Thursday you'll definitely save some money over Friday and Saturday night peak rates. I also advise www.stayaspensnowmass.com. The agents are located in the heart of Aspen and know the town like the back of their hand. It will also save you many website visits and phone calls.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in Town in July -Doyou need to stay in town?

You definitely want to stay in downtown Aspen. It's not that big of a place and the best part is being able to walk all over town and enjoy the excellent ambience. Try Aspen Mountain Chalet for reasonably priced accommodations - we got a room for around $125 in August last year and loved it. Fabulous location. I have a review on this site with pictures.

Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging in Town in July -Doyou need to stay in town?

Depending on when you're going, LiftOne would be in your range. It's a nice condo place that has good views and is walking distance to town.