We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to ask the "question"

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Looking to ask the "question"

I did read through the other post I have found on the forum concerning popping the question, but was wondering if anyone had any more insight? I am looking for a scenic area, which shouldn't be too tough, where some good photographs will catch the whole thing.

Thoughts? Thanks so much.

P.S. We are staying at in Aspen if that helps any.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to ask the "question"

What season of the year are you coming?

Houston, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to ask the "question"

We are arriving in January.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,161 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to ask the "question"

I'm no expert on Aspen, but I found this "Top Ten" post which mentions SharpShooter Imaging, the on-mountain photographers (I think you can schedule private sessions, too):

limelighthotel.co/companyinfo/…

http://www.aspensnowmass.com/sharpshooter/

The Cliffhouse deck and Cloud Nine at Aspen Highlands are two restaurants that are listed as having awesome views:

www.eataspen.com/fulllisting.php?row=154

stayaspensnowmass.com/activities/cloud-nine-…

Houston, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to ask the "question"

Thanks so much for the input. I am trying to find a place that doesn't require us to ski to, as neither of us are the best skiers. Anyone else with any ideas?

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to ask the "question"

This might sound cliche - but why don't you take her to the top of Aspen Mountain and propose there? You can take the gondola and just pay the foot passenger ticket price, I think it''s around $20 per person. The gondola takes you up and down so there's no pressue to ski. At the top there's a lodge where you can celebrate with a glass of champagne afterwards. It's breath takingly beautiful with the most amazing views. Once you get to the top walk past the lodge - on the far side there's a more private deck you could potentially use to pop the question. There are several scenic spots. I would recommend taking the gondola up in the afternoon around 2 to avoid the lunch crowd.

I hope that this helps!! And that she says yes ; )

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to ask the "question"

^^Sami's idea a good one. Note that Sharpshooters is done at the top of Aspen mtn near the gondola at 2 PM. If a slow day they may cut out early. On those bright sunny days it'll make for a nice pic with Elk Mtn range in background.

For a fun evening that doesn't require skiing consider a Snowcat Dinner though not necessarily an intimate experience with 20-25 other people. Google for menus and pics.

(from website)

Thursday evening snowcat dinners are a chance to make some unforgettable winter memories. They start with a fun snowcat ride to the restaurant, leaving at 6 pm from the base of Aspen Highlands, and include an unparalleled culinary experience in a cozy cabin surrounded by a snowy paradise. Reservations required; 970-923-8715.

or at Snowmass:

aspensnowmass.com/the-power-of-four/on-mount…

Edited: 10:39 am, November 30, 2012
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,161 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking to ask the "question"

You can get a non-skier "foot pass" for the gondolas for $20. I knew this was available but couldn't seem to find a link to it on the resort website, so I called. They said the pass is $20 and recommended the Silver Queen (Aspen) gondola for best views. Maybe take a look at the First Tracks Breakfast, too, or there are snowcat dinners available. Or contact Sharpshooter Imaging for their suggestions and pricing for photos capturing your special moment. Or were you planning to take your own photos?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,161 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking to ask the "question"

Lol, while I was calling and typing, I see that the Aspen folks found your message and already answered!

Sharpshooter's page says you can arrange for a private shooting.

Houston, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking to ask the "question"

Sorry all. I have been doing research and forgot about my forum question. Thanks for all the responses!

I still haven't made up my mind as of yet, but I like the idea of an early morning gondola ride with some great views. I plan on employing someone to photograph everything, now I just need to figure out where to set them up at.

Does anyone have pictures of the area past the lodge that Sami's post discussed?

Also, Sami, thanks so much for the vote of confidence!

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking to ask the "question"

google aspen sundeck>images.