We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2011 Fall Foliage

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
175 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
2011 Fall Foliage

Anything happening yet near Maroon Bells? Live in Colorado Springs, thinking of heading that way next week ( sept 23/24th) but not much changing around here yet.. Just wondering what was going on there.. Thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2011 Fall Foliage

I placed an order with the weather Gods for Sept. 29th when I ARRIVE TO PHOTOGRAPH MAROON BELLS from San Diego... LOL. That's when I'm hoping for the Fall colors to peak there.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2011 Fall Foliage

Here is a good link (with photos) to the Forest Service site.

http://goo.gl/vdL9E (shortened url)

They show just a hint of color on the 16th but notice the snow on the Bells.

Edited: 9:30 pm, September 17, 2011
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2011 Fall Foliage

I was going through my bookmarks and forgot that I have this fantastic link. It is from people into climbing the 14ers (14,000 ft mtns.), which I am not into, but they put together a fantastic forum on fall colors.

www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php…

Lots of great photos and current information statewide.

4. Re: 2011 Fall Foliage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 22, 2012