We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Working in Aspen, Winter 2011-2012

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Working in Aspen, Winter 2011-2012

Hi guys,

I have just been offered a job working in Aspen as a lift operator for the 2011-2012 winter season. Does any one have any advice on the best place for accommodation (either staff accommodation, or find my own), the best place to stay (something about up-valley or down-valley, whats the difference?) and seeing as i am a 23 year old, pretty chilled, australian guy, am i going to have fun, or is it going to be my worst nightmare for the whole season!

Also, how easy would it be to get a bar job working at night time? And what are the best places to go out too!

Thanks, Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Working in Aspen, Winter 2011-2012

Human Resources for Skico will have listings for any available employee housing. Otherwise check www.aspentimes.com or http://rockies.craigslist.org/ Down valley is outside of Aspen and you'll have to take the bus to work, those towns are Old Snowmass, Emma, Basalt, El Jebel, Carbondale and Glenwood. If you can manage it financially try to live in Aspen, you'll get the most out your experience that way.

As for finding a night time job, it will all depend on you. There are always some jobs at bars, but they are hard to get, so hit the ground as soon as you get to town and try for some.

2. Re: Working in Aspen, Winter 2011-2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, October 16, 2012