We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation that is central and really comfortable

Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
accommodation that is central and really comfortable

Hi everyone

I am wanting a suggestion of where to stay in Aspen. I am travelling alone in early december and want a place that is central to the vibe of the village but which is also a really nice place to stay. I don't mind what I pay within reason though I dont need $1000 a night/celebrity moviestar luxury. Just a really nice place to stay with nice communal space I can hang out at night that has a nice atmosphere and is central. The Gant and Aspen Square are options, indepedence square? Open to anywhere. Boutique/attention to detail/central are ideal key words.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,980 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation that is central and really comfortable

Aspen Square is nice. Also put Sky Hotel Aspen on your radar. I haven't been in the Gant yet. St. Regis and Little Nell are also nice choices on the really high, ritzy end. You also won't be paying as much in early December as other busier times of winter.

My personal favorite is the Jerome, but don't know that it fits your wishes. All in all, I think Sky would be the most interesting for you.

Have fun.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation that is central and really comfortable

The Gant and Aspen Square don't have hang out communal spots. Nor does most accommodation in Aspen. The town nightlife and dining are so vibrant most people go out when they want to mingle. The full service hotels mentioned - Sky, Nell, St Regis, Jerome will have lobby bars, but few others. Sky will be the least expensive of that bunch, but with so much to do being only a short walk away I wouldn't make a communal lobby the main criteria.

Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation that is central and really comfortable

Thanks for your responses. I think I will book the St Jerome. Is this a good location?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
266 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation that is central and really comfortable

The Jerome is lovely, but for I don't care for the location. It is on Main street which means traffic and it is downhill several blocks from the Gondola and not quite as convenient to the bus that will take you to Snowmass and Highlands. The St. Regis or Sky are better locations for a winter-time visit that involves schlepping skis. Another option not yet mentioned in the LImelight Lodge, which has a large lobby with bar and often has music during the apres-ski hours. The location on Ruby Park is really the best. I haven't stayed there, but I have attended events and had beers in their lobby.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation that is central and really comfortable

The Jerome is about 7 blocks from the base of the gondola but I personally love the historic area it is in. I love the pool, everything, you do feel like you stepped back into time. Huge rooms. The Jerome also provides free shuttle service to the base of the Gondola, as well as anywhere else within town, such as restaurants etc. A small-fee shuttle from the Jerome is also available to go to the other nearby resorts such as Snowmass. I hope this helps!

Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation that is central and really comfortable

I am glad to hear about the free shuttle. I felt anxious I had made the wrong choice. It is hard to make decisions when you have never been to a place. I read reviews that said the Sky Bar can be too noisy. Have I made the right decision about St. Jerome? I want to be able to shop in the village and walk around and be part of everything. thanks again

7. Re: accommodation that is central and really comfortable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 12, 2012