We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mexico cruise

california
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mexico cruise

My family(wife/7y.o. son and grandma) will be taking a cruise to Mexico(porto vallarta,Mazartan). We are interested in doing sightseeing(though won't be able to walk far with an elderly). Any suggestion about excursions? any other suggestions?

Scott

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mexico cruise

I've cruised Carnival Cruise lines several times. They give you a list of the different off shore tours you can take and it normally tells you if there is a lot of walking involved or not. I would think most cruise lines would do the same thing. Check with your travel agent, they might be able to get you a copy of the list. I do suggest taking their tours instead of going on your own. Puerto Vallarta is beautiful! Have fun!

california
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: mexico cruise

Thank you for your quick reply Ollie.

Is there a likelihood of big waves? should we be prepared for seasickness?(I am a bit wimpy about that)

also should we reserve the offshore excursions?

any particular place that's worth sightseeing?

thanks again

Scott

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mexico cruise

My family or I never had a problem with sea sickness. When we first started taking cruises we took the sea sick pill for safety but now we don't take them at all. We normally look over the tours and book them that day we arrive on the ship, some tours fill fast. As for tours, we went on a whale watching tour in Puerto Vallarta but it was very long and that I did feel the sickness of the waves from that small boat. There is some neat shopping down town Puerto Vallarta. There is like a board walk along a river just full of local venders that is worth seeing. The Churches are nice but I am a photographer and like the old buildings. Do not go to the bull fights, they do kill the bulls. I made it through one bull. I got some neat pictures but not my thing. I also enjoyed the Marina down there. Its full of shops and resturants. You of course will not be able to see that much being on a ship. They normally dock for 6-10 hours. When I was in Puerto Vallarta I was there for a week. Hope this helps.

Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mexico cruise

Just want to make sure you all realize you are on the Aspen, Colorado forum...you might get more responses if you re-post this in the Mexico section.

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mexico cruise

Yup, I know I am in Colorado. I just thought since I had an answer I would be nice and respond.

california
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: mexico cruise

I am sorry, it's my first time doing this. How do I "repost" this to a different forum?

Thanks

Scott

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mexico cruise

That's okay Scott,

If you go to the top and click on trip advisor forums and then the screen will change and give you a list of places, click on Mexico. Re post it there. Beckers are right, you should get all sorts of responses.

Have fun on your trip!