We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants!

Hi there!

We are coming to Apen for 3 nights next week and since we seriously into our food, we want to make sure we pick the best of the best restaurants. We have a ressie @ the Little Nell for one night, but need to fill in the other two nights!

I've scoured the forums and here is what I've come up with. Problem is, I can only pick 2! They don't need to be the fanciest, just the best food! Would love some help!

Syzergy

Pacifica

Pinecreek Cookhouse

Cache Cache

Matsuhisa

Wild fig

If your favorite isn't listed, please let me know. I need to make these ressies soon!

Also for breakfast I've heard Main Street Bakery &

Poppycocks...we will have to be on the mountain by 9, so need an early start kinda place that offers a hearty but healthy breakfast.

We are staying at the Jerome - which course is best at their restaurant?

Skiing in Buttermilk - where to go for lunch?

Thanks a million,

Lavendula

las vegas
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants!

All good choices. Main Street Bakery is also great for lunch, though a bit of a hike from the mountain.

For dinner, I'm not sure Pinecreek is the best food on your list, but it's a fun experience just getting there. They're also open for lunch: if you want to spend a day cross country skiing, that can be a pleasant day's outing. Pacifica, last time I went several years ago, was good, but not exceptional. I love Cache Cache. Wild Fig is cozy and tasty.

Buttermilk lunch, your choice is the cafeteria up the hill or the cafeteria down the hill. Up the hill is better. They have good soups and a mongolian barbecue.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants!

4 breakfast try Hickory House. Ribs, eggs and all the fix'ns. Good eats. See menu at http://www.hickoryhouseribs.com/.

Eat early at Buttermilk to avoid day care atmosphere. Up hill less crowded.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants!

Ok, so I tried to make a ressie at Wild Fig and no luck. Does Cache Cache have vegetarian options?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants!

I also just read some good things about D19...

las vegas
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants!

Yes, there are definitely vegetarian options at Cache Cache.

findarticles.com/p/…ai_16019837

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurants!

Great article, thanks!!

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurants!

My personal favorite splurge is Matsuhisa for sushi. Most all restaurants should be able to accommodate vegetarian choices nicely. For a vegetarian lunch the Explore Bookstore on Main St. is excellent (next to Main St. Bakery). Pine Creek may not work out for you if you're coming in the next few days...I think they're opening Dec. 15.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurants!

Poppycock's is indeed awesome for breakfast - macadamia nut pancakes!

For dinner, try Gusto (Italian), Rustique (country French), Pinions (fine dining), L'Hostaria (Italian), Blue Maize (southwestern), and if you like sushi, Matsuhisa is the best.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
17 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurants!

Hickory House for sure for breakfast - try it at least once while you're there.

Cache Cache, Jimmy's, Pinons, Campo de Fiori are all excellent restaurants with great atmosphere....albiet pricey.

10. Re: Best Restaurants!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, September 19, 2009