We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to eat in avila

4 posts
Save Topic
where to eat in avila

I'll be in Avila Beach late October........love great food and wine. Do we need to travel for dinner or is there somewhere in town?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
163 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to eat in avila

I've eaten at the Olde Port Inn. It's a nice seafood restaurant right on the pier at Avila Beach. Their wine list is pretty good.

If I were you, I'd travel to Pismo Beach and eat at the Seaventure. Pismo is about 10 miles south of Avila Beach.

Level Contributor
37,215 posts
956 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to eat in avila

About 5 minutes away from Avila Beach is the Sycamore Springs Resort, they have a very good restaurant there with great food and wine called the Gardens of Avila, we dined there this past Sat. and really enjoyed the entire experience here.

Right in downtown Avila, The Custom House looked very good when we peeked in there and I have heard great things about it, the guy at the Inn at Avila Beach said it changed hands awhile back and is doing very well, it is less formal than the Gardens of Avila. Enjoy, we loved the area when we visited for the first time this past weekend. :)

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,282 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to eat in avila

Olde Port Inn restaurant is at the end of the Hartford Pier, which sits across San Luis Bay from the town of Avila Beach. Great views looking back toward Avila and the Pismo Beach areas.

The Custom House is also an excellent choice as is the Gardens of Avila at Sycamore Mineral Springs.

Other nearby choices in Pismo include Lido at Dolphin Bay Resort, Marisol at the Cliffs Hotel, Pelican Point at Shore Cliff Lodge.

If you enjoy German food, Old Vienna in Shell Beach (Pismo Beach's suburb) has excellent food and beer on tap. Oktoberfest celebrated through Nov 3. Thurs-Sun.

All the above choices are a short drive away.

Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to eat in avila

I was just there this past week and ate at Custom House. Delicious. Be sure to try the carrot cake, we went back twice for it!

5. Re: where to eat in avila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Avila Beach
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor