We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter transportation to Catalina

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter transportation to Catalina

We are staying in Santa Monica and thought of going to Catalina for a day--I see there are helicopter trips for around $150 round trip--has anyone taken one of these helicopter trips? Does it really save a lot of time? Thank you!

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
610 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter transportation to Catalina

I have been to Catalina Island both by the fast catamaran out of Newport Beach and by helicopter from Long Beach. Yes, taking the helicopter was a time saver for sure, but the crossing with the boat was also as much fun. It was rather misty when I took the flight and very clear when I took the crossing, so perhaps the views were even better from the boat. I really don't know which trip I prefered, they were both a memorable experience.

2. Re: Helicopter transportation to Catalina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 15, 2009