We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Hello, any advice between these 2 hotels.

Pros and cons to both?

Thank you so much

Stephanie

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,303 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Pavilion Hotel was recently remodeled and the rooms will be a lot nicer IMO than Vista Del Mar. We stayed at VDM at few years ago and the room needed a lot of repairs.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Pavilion Hotel has been our hotel of choice for many years. They are located across from the water, yet have a private grass area retreat to lounge on and have breakfast and a fire pit to sit around in the evenings. Rooms are very nice, with patios.

Easy to walk to from the Catalina Express dock.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Thank you, I was leaning more towards Pavilion because from what I've read it's quieter at nights.

I appreciate the feedback.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,303 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

<<Pavilion because from what I've read it's quieter at nights.>>

Yes, I was going to mention this as well. We rented an oceanview suite at Hotel Vista Del Mar and it was a bit noisy. The golf carts are coming and going early in the morning and later at night. The hotel sits right on Cresent Avenue and it was noisy. I did like their roof top patio where we could enjoy a glass of wine and the views of the harbor.

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Any new feedback on Pavillion or Del Mar? We will be staying with our teenager. Negatives for Pavillion?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

We stayed at Pavilion Hotel when our kids were teens, in college and young adults. I don't see any negatives.

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Thank you. What did you like about Pavillion.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,303 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

The Pavilon Lodge has recently been remodeled and the courtyard is lovely. It also sits on Crescent Avenue that does allow vehicle traffic (only foot traffic) so I imagine it will be a lot quieter. As I mentioned above, the Hotel Vista Del Mar does have a fair amount of vehicle traffic (mostly golf carts) that pass right by the hotel. We had difficulty getting a good night's sleep (we went to bed early since my husband was completing in the triathlon) with all of the golf carts wizzing by.

Edited: 2:15 pm, April 21, 2013
Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

Other than the noise level did you like del mar? Up to date? Nice rooms? Good service? Good location? Thanks.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pavilion Hotel VS. Hotel Vista Del Mar

"It also sits on Crescent Avenue that does allow vehicle traffic (only foot traffic) "

I think Martik meant to put in ... Crescent Ave. does NOT allow vehicle traffic, in case that was putting you off on the Pavilion being noisy from carts. It's extremely peaceful inside the courtyard.

The courtyard is one of the best things about the Pavilion. You can't spend all day on the beach, or walking around town. It's nice to have an extension of your room to relax at. The fire ring is very nice too.