We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to go to Catalina labor day weekend

long beach,ca
4 posts
Save Topic
Looking to go to Catalina labor day weekend

My friends and I are looking to go to catalina at the end of this month. We are all in out 20's and we are looking to have a good time. Any suggestions on hotels, activities, nightlife, dinning..? Another concern I have is that we are traveling labor day weekend. This is the only time we all have avalible. Will it be difficult to rent things? Any information will help!!! Thanks!

Catalina Island
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to go to Catalina labor day weekend

If you go to catalinachamber.com they have hotel availability for the next 3 weeks listed one week at a time. Some hotels have a 2 or 3 night minimum for Labor Day weekend.This should help you find a place to stay.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to go to Catalina labor day weekend

Avalon is a pretty chilled out place. It's not really known for nightlife, but it's still fun, especially if you have a good group and a laid-back attitude.

I think there is basically just one night club with dancing (chi-chi's?). But there are some other bars like Luau Larry's that are fun in to the early evening.

Depending on who's in town at the time the island can be very mellow or randomly lively.

During the day, I recommend hanging out at the Marlin Club. Reasonable drinks, cool atmosphere. Also, Descanso Beach Club is good during the day for drinks on the beach (live music some days too).

My wife and I will be there over Labor Day too....

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,086 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to go to Catalina labor day weekend

We love the Pavilion Lodge, just steps away from the water. Also a large grass patio area to sunbathe, and free breakfast. Luau Larry's is right in front. It's such a fun place for nightlife. Have a great time!

4. Re: Looking to go to Catalina labor day weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, October 03, 2009