We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for suggestions for White-Water rafting

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for suggestions for White-Water rafting

I am planning a trip to the Auburn area for white water rafting on the American River. I've been trying to find reviews on rafting companies to choose from. Any suggestions? Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Lakewood, California
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for suggestions for White-Water rafting

I am too. I checked out All Outdoors Rafting's website and it has good information and they get back to you quickly on emailed inquiries. I'm thinking of the Middle American, 2 day trip. I'd also like to know if that is a good choice for my 15 year old son and me (50 year old male) to take. We want an exciting trip along wtih nice scenery.

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for suggestions for White-Water rafting

While All-Outdoors is a good company, the problem is that with many of the more fun, class 4 rapids on the Middle Fork American, they make you sit in the bottom of the boat. I personally would never want to pay money to go rafting and be told to sit in the bottom of the raft. That's why I went with H2O Adventures. The owners of this company grew up rafting in the area and used to work for other companies in the area for over 10 years. They know how to be safe while having more fun than anyone out there. They personally have over 20 years of rafting experience in California. Check them out at www.raft-h2o.com. I had the best time ever with them and would not recommend anyone else but H2O for all your whitewater needs.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for suggestions for White-Water rafting

This is a two year old thread. I didn't think they kept them open that long.

Edited: 12:36 pm, May 17, 2013
San Diego
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for suggestions for White-Water rafting

They sound great, but their website is not very user friendly and I had trouble getting any kind of information from there. We are planning a trip at the beginning of August.

San Diego
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for suggestions for White-Water rafting

They sound great, but their website is not very user-friendly. I had trouble getting any kind of information from there...pricing, meeting times, lunch plans, etc.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for suggestions for White-Water rafting

murphkel - you should start a new thread and be specific as to what information you are looking for.

Reply to: Looking for suggestions for White-Water rafting
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Auburn
More Auburn Topics