We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little India, Artesia, CA

North Hollywood, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Little India, Artesia, CA

Best shopping and eating in Little India

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little India, Artesia, CA

So has the Artesia area become an enclave for Indian culture and cuisine? Many yrs ago I lived in Bellflower for a short time and then, there were a number of Middle Eastern shops/cafes. I fondly recall the Falafels I used to get at a little stand (I think it was on Artesia Blvd.)--and they're STILL the very best I've ever tasted!

Redondo Beach...
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little India, Artesia, CA

Most of the good Indian places are right on Pioneer Blvd. north of the 91 freeway.

Haven't personally eaten at the multitude of restaurants on Pioneer Blvd, but there are plenty. As for shopping, there are plenty of place as well, but what are you looking to buy? As always bargaining is standard.

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little India, Artesia, CA

There are definitely alot of Indian restaurants along Pioneer Blvd. as the previous poster said. I've never eaten at any of the restaurants so can't make any recommendations.

As for shopping there also stores along Pioneer Blvd. that sell Saris and other Indian items but I heard the Saris are rather expensive.

los angeles
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Little India, Artesia, CA

Radjhani is the best restaurant on Pioneer - serving homestyle Gujarati food (a state toward the south of India). Not to be missed. South of the 91 freeway but just north of 186th street, on the west side of Pioneer.

Irvine, California
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Little India, Artesia, CA

Gujrat is not towards Southern India...it's in Western India.

Lakewood
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Little India, Artesia, CA

i agree to it , the best shopping place for Indian stuff and its fun . Yes i got to try some dosas at Udupi palace , a great experience .

Portland, Oregon
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Little India, Artesia, CA

Udupi palace was excellent. Lots of vegetarian options in Little India. Don't miss the sweets at Rasraj market.

The only difficulty with Little India is the lack of parking. Get there early before spaces fill-up, then spend the day. After a full day of Little India, we almost forgot that we were still in the U.S.

8. Re: Little India, Artesia, CA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:30 pm, September 14, 2016
9. Re: Little India, Artesia, CA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Artesia