We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angels Camp air quality due to Parrot fire

1 post
Angels Camp air quality due to Parrot fire

Hi, we are supposed to visit Angels Camp tomorrow, and stay for a few days. However, due to the Parrot fire we are wondering how the air quality is? Does anyone know if the fire is almost contain? How is the air quality?

4 replies to this topic
Sonoma County...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: Angels Camp air quality due to Parrot fire

I was there this morning, and left as soon as I heard about the fire 9 miles away. That's not that far in a forest fire. The smoke was horrible all weekend even before the fire started from other surrounding fires.

CAL fire was reporting 135 acres burned and 40% containment at 5:45 PM today, Sunday.

Honestly, there is only one road out of there. I would definitely go somewhere else. Good luck to you.

1 post
2. Re: Angels Camp air quality due to Parrot fire

Here's the official info page on the Parrots Fire: …ca.gov/current_incidents/…2197

1 post
3. Re: Angels Camp air quality due to Parrot fire

We are supposed to check in Wednesday. I'm looking to hear what answers you get. The new fire in Donnell doesn't seem too close.

Paso Robles...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
4. Re: Angels Camp air quality due to Parrot fire

We have been here in Angel's Camp for a few days. It is very smoky even though Cal Fire says that the fire is 100% contained (especially in the mornings where we cannot even see the foothills through the smoke) and some of our party have scratchy throats etc . We have not hiked because it is so bad, but did play golf. The road to Murphy's is fine and all of the roads in , but several businesses were closed. I am not sure if that was due to the fire.

I would not come if you have breathing difficulties. The outdoor activities I think are definitely limited right now which is why we come. I have seen some people wearing masks which might help.

Reply to: Angels Camp air quality due to Parrot fire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Angels Camp