We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entrances to Disneyland?

UK
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Entrances to Disneyland?

How many entrances are there for DL?

And where are they located? ie. on which roads.

Am attending a convention and need to find a hotel from which I can access both the convention centre and Dl without long walks? (Not driving)

Any hotel recommendations would be welcome as well.

Santa Clarita, CA
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entrances to Disneyland?

My recommendation would be the Candy Cane Inn. My hubby and I stayed there last winter. He walked one way to the convention center (1 block) and I walked the other way to the parks. VERY convenient. The Candy Cane also has a free shuttle (on the half hour) to the parks if you didn't want to walk it. The Candy Cane is located on the same side of Harbor Blvd. as one of the entrances to the Disney parks.

As far as actual entrances to DL...there is only 1 and across the esplanade is one of 2 entrances to DCA. (There is another thru the Grand Californian hotel). To access the entrances, one must either park at Downtown Disney (near the ESPN Zone), park at the HUGE parking structure and tram in to DD or walk in from the entrance on Harbor Blvd. Here's an aerial view map to show what I'm talking about:

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html

The Candy Cane Inn is located across Harbor Blvd. (the big street

at the bottom of the picture) from the Four Points Hotel.

Hope this helps!

UK
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entrances to Disneyland?

PartyTeacher,

Many thanks for your help.

It seems that Harbor boulevard is the important road .

Like the two of you, it would seem that I shall walk south to the convention whilst the wife walks north to DL!

And the Candy Cane is right on the spot.

Thanks for the link to the map which will be real useful.

BTW Was the Candy Cane OK? And if its fullup is there any other that u might recommend?

Santa Clarita, CA
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entrances to Disneyland?

We thoroughly enjoyed the Candy Cane and look forward to staying there again soon. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was very substantial and parking was great. Check out the reviews here on TA. They'll convince you!

As far as any other hotels close by, I've heard good things about the Fairfield and I've stayed at the Carousel. Both are a longer walk

to the convention center but closer to DL/DCA. Check the Anaheim reviews on this site, but I'd hold out for the Candy Cane, personally.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entrances to Disneyland?

The Candy Cane Inn consistently gets rated very well on this forum. I have never heard a bad comment about it, to be honest.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entrances to Disneyland?

First off there are TWO entrances to Disneyland, the MAIN entrance, and then the Downtown Disney Monorail entrance.

Both are fairly easy to access if you want someone to drop you off.

Harbor Drive has a 15 minute lot if you are southbound. Downtown Disney also offers 15 minute parking from Magic Way. The drop-off is the back side of the Rainforest Cafe.

As for walking distance, there really isn't much in the way of hotels within short distance of both the park and the Convention Center.

But most of the hotels near the convention center are part of the ART shuttle system.

The Doubletree next to the convention center is HIGHLY rated here at TripAdvisor, and is reasonably priced.

As for the Candy Cane Inn, I have seen bad reviews, what comes to mind is some front desk staff issues, and rats found in a room, though that was a while ago. But they normally have excellent reviews, but they are not perfect. (Of course, nor is ANY hotel).

Mission Viejo, CA...
Level Contributor
616 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entrances to Disneyland?

The Sheraton Park is new with beautiful rooms and is on the ART Shuttle stop, which runs every twenty minutes between the hotel and the main entrance to Disneyland. Most hotels are on these routes which makes any hotel reasonably close to Disneyland. The Doubletree, Marriott, and Hilton are also within walking distance of the convention center and on the shuttle stops for the three- five minute ride to Disneyland.

7. Re: Entrances to Disneyland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 20, 2009