We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Character dining without entrance to park????

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Character dining without entrance to park????

I'm thinking of taking my two youngest children to a character breakfast or lunch while my husband takes the older 3 kids to Universal. I am staying at the Park Vue and am wondering if I need to use one of my days from my Hopper pass to do this. I would ideally like to walk and just do the breakfast and save our passes for days when the whole family will go to Disney.

I figure the younger kids would enjoy this better that Universal as they are 4 and 7.

Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Character dining without entrance to park????

No need to enter the park(s) and use up a day if you do one of the meals at the hotels.Goofy's Kitchen is probably the best with kids that age.

Heron, Montana
Level Contributor
146 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Character dining without entrance to park????

You don't need to enter the park to go to Goofy's Kitchen. It's inside the Disneyland Hotel. If you go to the parking lot for Downtown DIsney (free for 1st 2 hrs.), the Disneyland hotel is right there and you don't have to enter the park. Actually, any of the Character Restaurants in the Hotels don't require entrance to the park.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Character dining without entrance to park????

Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel serves Breakfast and Dinner, the Paradise Pier Hotel has a Lilo and Stitch Breakfast and the Grand Californian has a Chip and Dale Breakfast.

The hotels offer 5 hours of free parking, just take your ticket to the restaurant and get it validated.

Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Character dining without entrance to park????

If you're staying at the Park Vue you can just walk to any of the character breakfasts listed. Just leave time for dawdling on the way over (the Lego Store was always a challenge for us to just walk by).

5. Re: Character dining without entrance to park????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 22, 2009