We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is electric light parade?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westminster, CO
Level Contributor
78 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How long is electric light parade?

Hi All!

Just wondering how long in duration is the light parade in CA? Trying to decide if it is worth it to reserve seats or not. It is not cheap although you do get food. Just want to make sure our little ones, ages 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 get a good view. Is it only like 15 min.?

Thanks for replies!

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is electric light parade?

Are you asking about the electric light parade at California Adventure? If you are, it is about 15-20 minutes long. To get good seats, you need to be there about 1 - 1 1/2 hours early. My daughter loves to sit right on the curb area because sometimes the charactors will come by and give them a high-five or shake their hand. I wouldn't do the food thing because your kids would miss out on that!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
232 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is electric light parade?

BellaBaby-

Theres this great casual family dining location in "Wine Country" called the "Wine Country Trattoria" with huge entrees (you can basically share any of the pasta plates with your little ones).

Heres the tip: book a reservation at about 8:15pm, and then order your food (DONT forget to ask for outdoor seating), the food will be ready by 8:30pm at the latest-the electrical light parade normally starts shortly after (times do change based on the season/dates youre coming).

This is a great way for the kids to enjoy a great, unobstructed view of the electrical light parade, and theres no additional cost-you simply pay for the food (youre going to have to eat anyway). Entrees start at $8 to $20. Soup + Salad combos start at $6. I recommend the cheesecake there as well.

Happy Travels!

Westminster, CO
Level Contributor
78 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long is electric light parade?

Thanks Eterion!

We will try that! Can I make a reservation before we even leave home?

I have read your whole thread and found alot of useful info!

Thanks for taking the time to help us!