We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants within walking distance to Sheraton Park Hotel

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants within walking distance to Sheraton Park Hotel

Hi

We are going to be staying at the Sheraton Park hotel over Easter 07 and was wondering if there are restaurants around the hotel vicinity within walking distance that are family orientated eg reasonable priced . Mcdonalds is ok for 1 night but prefer actual restaurant meals without dining at 5 star prices.

We don't want to be eating at the Hotel for the duration of our 6 day stay and not sure what is located around the hotel for breakfasts and dinners.

Any information on what is surrounding this hotel would be appreciated.

Not sure if there are a few Sheratons in the area so the Hotel we're staying at is: Sheraton Park, 1855 S Harbor Blvd (formerly Coast Anaheim)

thanks

Kazda

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,677 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants within walking distance to Sheraton Park Hotel

I searched Google and got a map of the area with a listing of restaurants. It looks like you will have a lot to choose from. Some are in other hotels, of course. Here is the web address to that page. Hope this works for you.

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=

Also, your hotel looks close enough to DLR for you to spend some time in a restaurant in Downtown Disney. And, I am not sure if it appears on the list, but I would highly recommend Millie's Restaurant, which is accoss from the main entrance to DLR on Harbor. This is a very good family restaurant with a huge menu and beer and wine available - a very popular chain in So. Cal. In fact, I think they have a website where you can view their menu.

If your hotel doesn't have a shuttle, the city buses in the area can take you further south on Harbor where there are even more restaurants, including a Joe's Crab Shack with great seafood. That area is actually Garden Grove, but still close to DLR.

Also, if there is any way for you to get over to Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park - a neighboring city to Anaheim - don't miss Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. It is really a treat and you don't have to go into the park or pay admission to access the restaurant. It seems to me I read in one of the posts that there is a bus that will take you over there.

If you can't open the webpage with the list of restaurants, post about that and I will look up again and list some for you.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,677 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants within walking distance to Sheraton Park Hotel

Correction ----> MIMI's , not Millie's. I accidently put down the name of a local restaurant in my area! Get the two names confused sometimes. Just remember it sounds French. Mimi's.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants within walking distance to Sheraton Park Hotel

Wow, many thanks for that link to the restaurants.

glad to know that there are other choices besides the Hotels restaurants.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants within walking distance to Sheraton Park Hotel

RedlandsRedlands,

Just went to google maps link you advised and it's fantastic.

thank you soo much.

I never know that Google had a map section,(only knew of google earth) I will now use this to track down restaurants within other parts of Sth California that we're visiting during our trip to USA.

5. Re: Restaurants within walking distance to Sheraton Park Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 24, 2009