We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So confused, first timer needs some help

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
So confused, first timer needs some help

First, I am not too concerned about rides being closed. I just don't know when to go. I have narrowed it down that we can go end of March or either end of April, beginning of May. I know there probably isn't much difference but what do you guys think would be better?

Also, confused on where to stay. What is better and closer, staying on South Habour or Katella? Where would you recommend to stay? I am looking at paying between 80-120 per night. Also a place with a half decent pool would be be good.

One more question. Is there and what would the average height restriction be to go on a ride by yourself? Or if you can point me in the right direction on where I could find this info that would be good.

Thanks and I am sure I will have more questions in the weeks and months to come. :)

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So confused, first timer needs some help

I would pick early May.

March and ealry April are very busy due to schools on Spring/Easter break. The second week after Easter is when the crowds die down.

Most of May is quiet, it starts to get busy the last weekend of the month, Memorial Day weekend.

As for hotels, the Howard Johnson's on Harbor has two great pools, and walking distance to the parks, and you can usually get rooms around $100 a night, check out MouseSavers.com for a discount link.

Most Disneyland rides don't have a height restriction

Here is a link to the full list of the rides that have them, and the requirement...

…go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/gsDetail…

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So confused, first timer needs some help

We stayed at the Embassy Suites - South Garden Grove last year. It was great. $139/night with no charge parking and a free hot breakfast - omellettes made to order - every morning. A shuttle takes off directly to the park - about a 10 minute ride - it comes every 20 minutes.

We are going back in April but are trying the Hyatt next door. $120/night with an AMA disount.

Both have good pools but I found we spent very little time in the hotel anyway. So long as you feel safe and it is clean - who really cares?!?

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,584 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So confused, first timer needs some help

May or June and Disneyland Hotel if you can get a special. I would say it would be worth tweaking your budget by about $30 a night to stay at Disneyland Hotel. A room with a pool/garden view would save you some money, and still get you a pretty view. I have a feeling that having access to Disney services and staying at a Disney property would be good for you and met your needs.

4. Re: So confused, first timer needs some help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 21, 2009