We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day at a beach

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunshine Coast, BC
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A day at a beach

I think my kids might like to spend a day on the beach to just relax. Is there a good beach to go to close to Anaheim and what is the best way to get there without a rental car?

Sunshine Coast, BC
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: A day at a beach

Thanks for all the info. Both Laguna and Huntington Beach sound great. An important question I forgot to ask is what will the weather be like in late December? Will it be to cool to sit out on the beach and enjoy the sun?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A day at a beach

Last year we spent the afternoon at Huntington Beach. It was great. Awesome restaurant called "Dukes's" right on the sand. We had a rental car so it was an easy 20 minute drive.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,834 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: A day at a beach

There will likely be very little sun at the beaches in December and it should be very cold there as well. You could actually get lucky, but most likely not. The water will be extremely cold then as well.

However, you could see some wild surf! That would depend on the weather system going on at that time. You could get in idea from checking the 10 day forecast ahead of time. For December, if you would like to see the surf kicking up, I would definitely choose Laguna because of its cliffs and off shore rock formations. There is a little coffee shop on Main Beach (where the lifeguard tower is) that has a deck with heaters and you can eat lunch and get a good view there. It shouldn't be too cold to take a walk along the beach with the kids, just too cold to swim or lay out. Another good place to view wild surf is called the "Wedge" and that is Balboa/Newport area. When it kicks up there in the winter people travel down there to get an up close view of the high waves. I think that might be a little dangerous, though.

If you really want to swim and relax, maybe a hotel with a nice indoor heated pool would be a good alternative for December. I'm pretty sure the Anaheim Marriott has one.

You can view pictures of the areas beaches on city websites. For example, just put in you search engine Laguna Beach and you will get the site that shows you pictures and things to do. And Huntington Beach and so on.

Hope this helps.

14. Re: A day at a beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 19, 2009