We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Question

Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Question

Hi,

we are a family of 4 from Australia ( 2 adults, 2 girls 10/13 ) and are coming to LA Sept 3 to 10th. We plan on using a Cali City Pass to save money for the local attractions, and we think it's best to stay in Anaheim for 4 days, then move to San Diego for 3 days.

Looking for feedback on the Portofino hotel and also suggestions on any other hotels close to Disneyland that have partioned/seperate rooms.

Would appreciate any info .... thanks!

Hawaii
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Question

Hello from Hawaii,

We were in Anaheim in October and stayed at The Grand ccCalifornia for the first four days than when to SanDiego for 2 nights and Than returnrd to Anaheim for 4 more nights (And one night in LA at the Sheraton Universal. ) On our return to Anaheim we stayed at the Portofino. Tha room was the best of all the rooms we had. We got a bunkbed suite and it was separated from the main room which had a king bed. The room with the bunks also had a full size pull out sofa, a dinning table for two, a mini table, a microwave and ice box and TV. The room was very clean and the staff was okay. The negative was disfunctional laundry machines. They sent us to Jolly Rogers which was across the parking lot but that wasn't any better. It was to far to walk to Disney but ART transport picked up at the gas station around the corner, not at the lobby.

We stayed at Comfort in Seaworlds/Zoo while in San Diego. Bad location and no where near Zoo and Seaworld. This year we are staying at Park Inn and Suite Anaheim, It'd next to Carousal inn right across the main entrance to disney. I called direct to ask what was available and they booked us a 3 Queen suite with a pull out sofa, (one bedroom suitedeluxe). I did a lot of research and wanted a hotel within walking distance, decent, min. of 3 beds, a microwave and icebox. On line it's 169/noc, I called and got a better quote. I'm don't remember what it was because we ended up booking with disney with park inn and upgrading to the delauxe suite. I'm am very excited and comfortable with my choice and it was okayed by several in this forum (see eterion's threads). Whe going to San Diego, stroll through Balboa park, the sites are breathtaking. See if there is a forum for SanDiego, world of mouth is KEY...Aloha,Nona